Cant Beat Precisions!

AndyB

I got one of my ERTL Precisions out tonight as the boss is away and therefore I wont get any 'when did you get that one?' type questions from her :D

It just reminded me of where the high detail, wider market 1/32 models came from.  Even though this is circa 16 years old, you cant beat em!  If this was made today with as much metal in it, it would be a bonkers price!

9750STS.jpg

• 2 years later...

Echo Andy's comments on Ertl precision. Especially 1/16 scale items. I have photographed plenty and in terms of detail and quality, they are incredible pieces. Obviously tractor OEM and model number play their part in interest in them here but they do not get the credit they deserve!

257-1.jpg

33 minutes ago, 1/32 said:

One of the finest models I have is the Precision Steiger STX450. It’s a shame Ertl doesn’t put out this level of quality very often. 

DE167BE1-CBFB-4F81-9B32-6DB23AD34D5B.jpeg

8BFDA605-632B-41C4-A0DC-BBD4C8688C0C.jpeg

88B8CF22-0673-4493-8FE7-F8751DFCB14D.jpeg

They are very good models, even when you put them up against todays offerings.  The STX especially is very undervalued.  I have a few 1/16th John Deeres, my favourite being the 4440, though it is still factory sealed - I have been debating whether to open it for ages!

15 minutes ago, AndyB said:

They are very good models, even when you put them up against todays offerings.  The STX especially is very undervalued.  I have a few 1/16th John Deeres, my favourite being the 4440, though it is still factory sealed - I have been debating whether to open it for ages!

Don’t leave it for the next guy to enjoy, break it out. 

Archived