my whole collection

Paul Palmer

here they are,uh fendt 820,uh mf 8450 conversion,uh claas atles 946 and britains case ih mxu 135 and a britains fastrac 8330,the fendt 820 will appear on my layout for hedge cutting and the fastrac 8330 will make an appearance paired with the claas quadrant baler,my layout fleet will be,silver wheeled fastrac 3230,yellow wheeled fastrac 3230,2 fastrac 4220's a usk claas axion 850 and finally a wiking 640 with loader,the 2 claas tractors are to keep the jcb dealer on their toes!!!!!!!

combine claas Tucano 570 with 930 header

claas jaguar 860 forager with grass,wholecrop and maize headers

claas scorpion telehandler

land rover

implements are,amazone cayron plough,amazone ZGB spreader,amazone ferty spreader,amazone ux 5200 crop sprayer,and amazon 3 metre combi drill,amazone edx 6 metre drill,claas quadrant 3300 big baler,old claas conventional baler and sledge,claas uniwrap baler,claas 2900 rake,claas volto 60 tedder,claas disco triple mowers,old john deere forager and old small silage/grain trailer,land roller,arable rollers,cousins 5 leg subsoiler,joskin muck spreader,nc slurry tanker,nc dump trailer,bowser,kane silage trailer,2 krampe grain/silage trailers,kane low loader,baletrailer,and one damaged repaired lexion 760 tt,it might make an appearance on the layout with the Tucano 570 header,bluegreens idea for that,and finally a very weathered bomford cultivator living in a hedge,i think that's it,i have sold a lot of models off,no big kit now,i think that's it!!

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

Still a fair list Paul, no big kit???? There is only the landy and the JD forager and  trailer that i wouldn't call big!:unsure::ph34r:

Biggest thing i have Martin is the amazone 6 metre drill and you only need from 170 hp for that oh and the 5 leg subsoiler 250 hp needed for that, but yes its big but not xerion, quadtrac big

5 hours ago, mb86 said:

Aye I know what you meant, it was a poor attempt at humour by me! Around here a 150 hp is still a big tractor to most farms. What's next on your wanted list? 

no i got it Martin,;) nationaly the average hp has increased year on year,the contractors I drive for run a few 240 hp tractors with 2 smaller ones,probably most contractors run 200 hp plus,in the seventies to early eighties you would have been lucky to see anything above 75 hp down here in devon,times change Martin I suppose,as for buying anything else that is it and also selling has stopped as well!!!!!!,all my gear matches well now,so hopefully I will resist just buying something for the sake of it,regret buying it and then selling it,but as I have said before the fendt 820 mf 8450 atles 946 and case ih mxu 135 will never be sold ,as I drove the real ones for a long time

It doesn't seem long ago that a 100hp tractor was considered big around here, now like Martin says that's crept up to nearer the 150 mark. A farm that i do some work for runs a couple of older Fords and a New Holland T7050, I've posted some pics in the past leading straw or muck and such. Anyway, it was dyno'd last year and it was putting out 270 at the shaft, which translates to about 300 at the engine. The funny thing is, you never feel it has "too much" power when you're on it, its only when you get back on what i would call a "normal" tractor that you appreciate just how effortless that extra power makes the job in hand.

Archived