tubing

FB

Question

looking at making some irrigation pipes....but cheap!!

was gonna use the aluminium tubes from the model shops (K&S metal tubes), but its not cheap for the amount i need :(:-\.

any ideas what cheaper alternatives ??? ???....needs to be  5/32dia and 3/16dia for connectors ???

15 answers to this question

how close would a pack of kiddys drinking strawsbe to that ben? other wise what about lenghts of plasti strut,they do hollow lenghts,might be cheaper than metal

not sure about straws, also the plastruct would be ok :)....both would need the galvanising look though :-\....maybe the tubes are the way to go :-\

You could also try B&Q my local one sells 1m lengths of brass tubing at all different diameters.  I think they do it in steel aswell.  Its about ?1-2 for each length.

home base is ?1.55 for 1m long. got some yesterday. :) :)

You could also try B&Q my local one sells 1m lengths of brass tubing at all different diameters.  I think they do it in steel aswell.  Its about ?1-2 for each length.

anybody confirm this as i couldnt find any and the guy i asked was as useful as an ice cube in the arctic ::)

well if they follow the same principles store design wise,you find it in the isle that sells sheet materials copper sheet,ally sheet mesh ect,usally one over from the screws bit,has been in all the ones down here anyway, ,usally has the rope /chain bit on its same isel to