Nelson bale trailer

6 hours ago, prickles said:

hi alastair  very nice job indeed , i believe we spoke about these Nelson trailers a good while back when you were looking for information. Blenheim had two different sorts one like you have made and a low one with wee shape floor and centre rail. They were built locally at Kingston Lisle they also built some tandem axle monocoque tipping trailers.

Thanks Nick, yes thank you it was you who actually got me on the right track from my photo, I’d never heard of Nelson trailers before! I’ve since seen a few about but generally the shorter versions 

I can not tell you how impressed I am. Flawless model Alf. It’s absolutely stunning. Hard to believe you haven’t been scratch building long. 

I’ve got a Nelson trailer here we’ve had in the hedge for years. It’s real low level one with a triangular shaped frame. I was gonna send you some pics and measurements but it’s completely different to the one you’ve made. Still if you fancy another earlier one to accompany it I’ll send you my drawings over :) 

7 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

I can not tell you how impressed I am. Flawless model Alf. It’s absolutely stunning. Hard to believe you haven’t been scratch building long. 

I’ve got a Nelson trailer here we’ve had in the hedge for years. It’s real low level one with a triangular shaped frame. I was gonna send you some pics and measurements but it’s completely different to the one you’ve made. Still if you fancy another earlier one to accompany it I’ll send you my drawings over :) 

Thanks Sam, very kind, it’s not flawless but  I am pleased with it. I’ve got plenty to do at the moment, but would be interested to see your drawings No harm in starting something else!!! You got much on the go at the moment? 

Archived