Need help identifying tractor

Janval

I've been wondering about a specific tractor for a while now, this won't be a very detailed description since I cannot remember all that much - Also not necessarily a model that's familiar in the UK.

I remember this tractor from my childhood, since one elderly farmer we used to help out had one. It's kind of similar to a county or a muir hill perhaps, with the same size front and rear wheels. It was white and orange in color (white rims, orange body and white cab if I remember correctly). It was not a big tractor either. 

Sorry for the vague description, hope some experts out there might know what I'm talking about!

When you say it was not a large tractor, just what size was it? Could it have been an orchard type model such as a Valpadarna, they have equal sized wheels but are much smaller than a County or Muir Hill 

42 minutes ago, robbo said:

When you say it was not a large tractor, just what size was it? Could it have been an orchard type model such as a Valpadarna, they have equal sized wheels but are much smaller than a County or Muir Hill 

It is hard to remember really, must have been twenty years since I last saw it. But it's nagging me :) But, not having seen a real county 774, it seems a bit smaller than the other Countys - perhaps around that size?  

The Valpadana is a lot smaller, for sure. Did they ever produce a County in any irregular colors? It could of course be a Scandinavian brand, I know there used to be a few way back.

County did produce forestry  versions in red and also some in yellow for councils, other than that I don't know.

Bray did some conversions for both Nuffield and IH that were also slightly smaller 

7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Or a nuffiled bray model this pics apparently from holland 

A755EFF0-79FE-46AB-86B6-0672ABCEC0BB.jpeg

That's the model I was thinking of but it is probably more than 20 years old, 1965 ish would be closer

yeah, but they go on for ever so possible, theres a couple of different ones to in nuffield brays to . unless its a county painted for say a builder like the green  bam kit we see,or something along those lines i cant remember or think of any other tractors in orange with equal wheels, bar some rare country specific thing out there 

I think that from the replies so far we are going to need more information before we can help, it is just too vague a description at the moment, sorry Janval 

No worries, really great to see how much people are willing to help! It's very much appreciated :) I'm going to have another intensive look around and see if I can turn something up, thanks for all the suggestions so far! None however is a match I'm afraid. I suspect it could be an old Scandinavian brand as well perhaps (like the old JL). I will keep you posted with what I might find. 

One thing I can say for sure, is that it was a relatively short tractor with a flat nose - I'm currently looking into Belarus, also older MB's as they carried a real resemblance as far as I can remember.

Found it! Got in touch with a neighbour actually, who comes from the place I grew up. He remembered what make the tractor was, Schilter UT 5000.

The color is more red apparently, either my vague memory or a very washed out color on the tractor I used to know of! And it was a bit smaller than I remembered.

So there we go :)

On 7/1/2018 at 11:45 PM, Janval said:

I've been wondering about a specific tractor for a while now, this won't be a very detailed description since I cannot remember all that much - Also not necessarily a model that's familiar in the UK.

I remember this tractor from my childhood, since one elderly farmer we used to help out had one. It's kind of similar to a county or a muir hill perhaps, with the same size front and rear wheels. It was white and orange in color (white rims, orange body and white cab if I remember correctly). It was not a big tractor either. 

Sorry for the vague description, hope some experts out there might know what I'm talking about!

Hi Jan Erik,I've just discovered Trattormania in Italy do a model of the Schliter,but it's a 6502,thought you might be interested,??

http://www.trattormania.it/schede/schilter-ut-6502.html

Regards

Joe.

9 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Hi Jan Erik,I've just discovered Trattormania in Italy do a model of the Schliter,but it's a 6502,thought you might be interested,??

http://www.trattormania.it/schede/schilter-ut-6502.html

Regards

Joe.

That's a really neat model! Seems to be rather expensive and hard to get though (most of the Swiss shops doesn't ship to Norway), I have put in a request at Trattormania however!

Thanks for the link, I had been thinking about building my own, but would be difficult obtaining the wheels.

Small update, have been in contact with Trattormania and have the Schilter reserved for now. 20 euro shipping plus a 145 euro price tag. Need to think it over!

Does anyone have any experience with resin models like these? I have the Holder Ed II from Schuco, no turning wheels etc. I wonder if I could expect the same from this as well as resin wheels i stead of rubber.. If it is as fragile as the Holder it is a bit of a gamble shipping it so far as well I guess. 

Archived