Farm Model prices 2018

What are the thoughts on 2018 scale model prices ? 

Wikings katana 85 is about €145 euro while the JD 8500i is €170 odd ... 

fendt have just announced 4 new pieces and even the narrow track 200 is €80 on their website .. 

it seems to be steadily in screaming without a significant rise in detail and quality of parts used, plastic vs metal 

thoughts ? 

Some are better built than others,  Recent UH CASE/ NH models Ive bought have been pretty good and have arrived in one piece and have cost just under £50.   The ROS Fendt 718 is a nice accurate model but something falls off it everytime I pick it up!!  Mind you at £50 it wasn't too expensive compared to others.    And my most recent purchase of a SChuco JD7710 had lots of bits missing, all of which I found in the bottom of the box which will need to be carefully re glued……….far too fragile and quite expensive, although the detail is very good!

New Wiking JD forager is excellent, well built, accurate with very nice detail...………………..certainly one of Wikings better moments.  Rather expensive, although Im very pleased with it.

Britains as a toy are climbing in price year on year . The average Britains tractor now like the JD 6195M is the same cost as the average UH tractor 3 to 4 years ago, 

UH tractors like the Zetor Crystals & Ursus models are quiet dear . 65 Euros would not get you one anywhere over here in Ireland ,when 40 Euros could still fetch a  UH Ford 7810 ! Even the small 1/32 UH tractors like the Fordson Majors & Grey Fergis are still very expensive ! UH tractors are now dearer than Wiking & ROS ! When that was not the case before.

I would not mind having the Schuco JD 6400 in my collection ,but again the cost is too high at 100 Euro + over here. It fine to say buy one online from the UK or mainland Europe cheaper ,but postage costs will still catch you . Could have a fine Marge NH T8 or Case Magnum for the price of the JD 6400 . And the Weise tractors are also quiet dear ,but shopping around on places like Amazon can get you great deals on Weise tractors every now and then.  

Marge models are worth the money with their fantastic detail & you get a lot of big tractor for the money .

But the best value for money  are Replicagri in my opinion , They have some nice  detailed accurate classics, from combines to tractors at cheaper prices than the competition ,

There are several factors at play effecting the UK based folks - exchange rate being a key one.  However, it is now plain that the older models developed 1-2 years ago are cheaper in comparison to the new models out - goes for all manufacturers - again several factors at play (wages in china, exchange rate, transport costs, development costs, OEM licences etc.).  I can't see prices flattening out for a while yet, perhaps until the demand starts to flatten out.  While folks buy, the prices wont plateau...... However, I am certainly more savvy and selective in what I buy.

16 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Britains as a toy are climbing in price year on year . The average Britains tractor now like the JD 6195M is the same cost as the average UH tractor 3 to 4 years ago, 

UH tractors like the Zetor Crystals & Ursus models are quiet dear . 65 Euros would not get you one anywhere over here in Ireland ,when 40 Euros could still fetch a  UH Ford 7810 ! Even the small 1/32 UH tractors like the Fordson Majors & Grey Fergis are still very expensive ! UH tractors are now dearer than Wiking & ROS ! When that was not the case before.

I would not mind having the Schuco JD 6400 in my collection ,but again the cost is too high at 100 Euro + over here. It fine to say buy one online from the UK or mainland Europe cheaper ,but postage costs will still catch you . Could have a fine Marge NH T8 or Case Magnum for the price of the JD 6400 . And the Weise tractors are also quiet dear ,but shopping around on places like Amazon can get you great deals on Weise tractors every now and then.  

Marge models are worth the money with their fantastic detail & you get a lot of big tractor for the money .

But the best value for money  are Replicagri in my opinion , They have some nice  detailed accurate classics, from combines to tractors at cheaper prices than the competition ,

€55 in Galway for the Zetors . Not sure if its against the rules to post shop but pm me or google diecast galway. They are no showing up on his website but hes good at replying on fb

3 hours ago, ford4ever said:

€55 in Galway for the Zetors . Not sure if its against the rules to post shop but pm me or google diecast galway. They are no showing up on his website but hes good at replying on fb

I ain't on FB. But 55 is the best I've seen here for one of that's his price . Model Mania might also be worth a try . €53 is best I have seen overall from Tractorium in Germany.

Archived