Britains Ford TW 15 cab removal

I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this or not, but I just have a small problem. I'm cleaning my TW 15 to sell it and I need to remove the cab to clean it. I can see there are two screws behind each wheel which need unscrewed,  but I'm still trying to figure out how the wheels can be removed. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards

Nathan

1544211875007941199537.jpg

Hi Nathan, mmmmm yes that's a tricky one , personally I wouldn't attempt it:unsure: the problem is the wheels aren't screwed on there sort of barbed like you can put them on but you can't get them off. I tried it on mine once but it destroyed the wheels. Here's a drawing I did , pretty bad but it's hard to describe...IMG_7712.thumb.JPG.70486879ab95233a732cb3b04d8e5926.JPG here's what the cab looks like and the screw placing...IMG_7710.thumb.JPG.33469ac992d0d99a589ddeb95e33cbb6.JPG

3 minutes ago, Ferret90 said:

Hi Nathan, mmmmm yes that's a tricky one , personally I wouldn't attempt it:unsure: the problem is the wheels aren't screwed on there sort of barbed like you can put them on but you can't get them off. I tried it on mine once but it destroyed the wheels. Here's a drawing I did , pretty bad but it's hard to describe...IMG_7712.thumb.JPG.70486879ab95233a732cb3b04d8e5926.JPG here's what the cab looks like and the screw placing...IMG_7710.thumb.JPG.33469ac992d0d99a589ddeb95e33cbb6.JPG

Hmmmmm....

Thanks for that. I'm selling it to a collector who wants it 'as clean as possible and in good condition'. I can certainly see the problem alright.  If I was to be taking the wheels off, I'd be better buying a new tractor altogether :unsure:. So what I'll do is sell it 'in good exterior condition, in need of a complete interior valet':lol:

Thanks for your help.

16 minutes ago, Laois 1:32 said:

Hmmmmm....

Thanks for that. I'm selling it to a collector who wants it 'as clean as possible and in good condition'. I can certainly see the problem alright.  If I was to be taking the wheels off, I'd be better buying a new tractor altogether :unsure:. So what I'll do is sell it 'in good exterior condition, in need of a complete interior valet':lol:

Thanks for your help.

Hehehe , the other thing you could do is pop the white cab top off and there will be two holes you could squirt some water in ;)

try strength first,twist and pull although difficult with cab on.on.

option two hairdryer on lowheat to remove tyres off rims try two pairs plumbers grips on each rim twisting and pulling outwards.

option 3 if you can get tyres off with hairdryer,drill a hole in the part of the rim where the tyre fits over rim big enough for your screwdriver to fit through to get access to the screw

13 minutes ago, Ferret90 said:

Hehehe , the other thing you could do is pop the white cab top off and there will be two holes you could squirt some water in ;)

All i could think of then was of this haha!

I tried and failed to get the wheel off last Sunday and ended up cutting it off with a hacksaw (was replacing rear wheels anyway so not an issue) but couldnt see any other way, someone said to put in boiling water and let it go soft but i didnt have enough patience to try it.

f.PNG.b95b47514a76ccd1d26eb8d5aa0b41e4.PNG

15 minutes ago, Fenside MF said:

try strength first,twist and pull although difficult with cab on.on.

option two hairdryer on lowheat to remove tyres off rims try two pairs plumbers grips on each rim twisting and pulling outwards.

option 3 if you can get tyres off with hairdryer,drill a hole in the part of the rim where the tyre fits over rim big enough for your screwdriver to fit through to get access to the screw

I've tried option 1 which clearly  won't work but before I start burning rubber and creating black smoke I'll check with the buyer to see if the cab is alright the way it is now. There's only a little dust in it which you'll get in every tractor so We'll see. ...

1544215868812941199537.jpg

8 minutes ago, Anderson Agri said:

All i could think of then was of this haha!

I tried and failed to get the wheel off last Sunday and ended up cutting it off with a hacksaw (was replacing rear wheels anyway so not an issue) but couldnt see any other way, someone said to put in boiling water and let it go soft but i didnt have enough patience to try it.

f.PNG.b95b47514a76ccd1d26eb8d5aa0b41e4.PNG

I'll have to wait till I have a large amount of patience before I consider that method. ..

Archived