tips and tricks on making a model farm

matty a

Here's a woodworkers trick... treat "green wood" with PEG.... it will last forever  ;) - I used to turn wood and it's great to seal green timber.... I could turn branches of trees "fresh sawn" - peg them and they would not split  :o

You Amaze me, Marky - you seem to be able tot urn your hand to a lot of things.  Now for the unitiated what IS PEG?

here is another tip.

still to make our model farms more realistic, this is to make bales of straw or hay in this case; straw.

you have to cut bits of string 5mm (the string huse in medium density square balers) and press it in a 5cm diameter tube with a round full tube of pvc or any other material, the heavier the better.

then you have to put the string on by pushing the bale out a bit at a time.

here are the photoes

fabricationdebotte1wt0.jpg

fabricationdebotte10gn9.jpg

fabricationdebotte11on5.jpg

fabricationdebotte12cn8.jpg

fabricationdebotte7or6.jpg

fabricationdebotte3nw4.jpg

fabricationdebotte17sk7.jpg

fabricationdebotte5ef6.jpg

You Amaze me, Marky - you seem to be able tot urn your hand to a lot of things.  Now for the unitiated what IS PEG?

I Think it's Ploy Ethelyene Glycol... or somthing like that... Craft Supplies is where I bought mine from...

For the record... I was rubbish at turning... hence why I don't still do it now... there is a limit to how many table lamps you can give people for christmas  :D

• 1 month later...