tips and tricks on making a model farm

matty a

please add all the tips and tricks that you know on how to make a model farm

1) use strips of carpet tiles turned upside down for roads (only works if the under side is black or dark gray)

2) use saw dust as maize silage

I'll help anyone if i know the answer but they have to ask first  ;)

They don't all come free for everyone to see :-[   (ay FB re building jigs) ;D

and some things are trade secret and only privy to a selected few  ::)

ask the question and i'll try to help ;)

Here's one of the biggest tips of all      Start at the beginning and finnish at the end :D;D:D;D

ALL THAT BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO WRITE DITTO  ;D ;D ;D

• 1 year later...

hello everybody

here is my tip for making trees out of of electric cables with lots of little wires inside (jump cables...)

so of course you have to start by taking the rubber protection of. when you have don that inspire yourself on a real tree and make the branches out of the little wires. I also inspired myself on this website http://www.sylviasdd.com/ (sorry it's ritten in french)

so here are the photos of the begining:

arbrissimo1wi2.jpg

arbrissimo2bg9.jpg

arbrissimo3fj1.jpg

arbrissimo4bm2.jpg

arbrissimouc1.jpg

arbrissimo5dn3.jpg

then the next step is plastering the tree trunk and painting it the colour of your choice, then add the leaves:

arbrissimo2zl5.jpg

arbrissimo21uz5.jpg

arbrissimo22ya3.jpg

arbrissimo23qb4.jpg

arbrissimo24sw0.jpg

this would be to represent a young tree in my model farm.

hope this will be of some use to you...

greetings.

That is a really lovely tree - I have made them from real twigs and always look at shrub prunings before throwing them away. 

I created a weeping birch as an experiment from a piece of floppy shrub dipped in watered PVA, sprinkled it with dyed sawdust to produce a young leaf effect and repeated the process to build good leaf cover. It looked extrremely good at the time but using natural plant material means it does disintegrate if handled too much and my birch is now looking a bit autumnal.  I use watered PVA but would think on wire you would need it neat. 

Brilliant idea and I will try it.  First to find the wire (aerial lead would work).