Valtra T214 Blue

This Wiking model is pretty good but lacks the detail accuracy of Wikings earlier offerings such as the Fendts 936 & 828 version 1...………………...So I tried too improve it a little bit by painting inside the cab, adding door hinges and painting them black.  Then removed the poor quality wheels and tyres with the very high quality UH Valtra T3 versions.   The threaded rear axle had to be cut off with a grinder and then drilled out with a 3mm drill bit too allow the for the UH spindle to pass through it.  The front wheels just needed a bit of modifying and packing to fit perfectly.

P1070698.JPG

P1070699.JPG

P1070679.JPG

Too achieve the desired look for the finished wheels I had too first spray them in an off white colour and it just so happened that Ford tractor off white was a more or less perfect match. The centre piece nut ring was cut out of a set of Claas 500 wheels which I just hadn't managed to use on any other conversion.  I filed the backs down and glued them on.

P1070709.JPG

P1070708.JPG

Thanks chaps,  im very pleased with how it turned out although when I look at the white Valtra T163 donor tractor made by UH it really is so much better detailed than the Wiking effort.  My hope is that UH or someone else will make the T series for 2019. 

P1070714.JPG

• 1 month later...

Archived