Reuseable silicone rubber

IH885XLMAN

Question

4 answers to this question

Same stuff I posted Nige,just means it's safe to use for making thing's like cups etc,I've watched a few video's on that stuff,one guy absolutely slated it,said it was full of bubbles that you cannot get rid of,personally I think he over heated it and stirred it too viorously, Which created the bubbles,.

Regards

Joe.

For casting model parts I really wouldn't bother, this is designed largely for one part, non detailed moulds using a very unaggressive, relatively low temperature casting material ie chocolate which won't damage a mould quickly. Resin on the other hand is aggressive when it sets, drying out moulds, rising in temperature as it sets and sticking to just about everything all of which reduce mould life. I think that a complex resin part such as a tractor skid would pull half the mould material with it in the first or second cast ruining the mould immediately. For the price I'd just use proper RTV silicone from a good supplier, there's loads more info online on using RTV, how to get the best moulds without vacuum degassing or pressure casting, and if you make a good mould its not going to break up on you after just a few casts.

Archived