Silage!!!

P.Morrison

Great pics... thanks for posting.. I have NEVER seen a silage clamp in real life... sadly  :'( :'( - always looks precarious.. is there a danger of a rollover with that 290  ??? ???

Cheers, yeah you could roll it if you went up a steep bit, had a close call one night, young chap was buck rarking, she fell it tight against the steels, could have been a lot worse.

Cheers, yeah you could roll it if you went up a steep bit, had a close call one night, young chap was buck rarking, she fell it tight against the steels, could have been a lot worse.

Dodgy... I bet the HSE love that sort of farm work  ::)

that renault looks well cared for P & considering the 290's age & being a loader tractor ,it too looks in fine fettle , i still recon the duncan cab was the better option than the secura , simply because it was tougher & more hardwearing, classed as the stockmans cab, the stockmen definatley got the better deal ! saw a 298 +duncan cab round here a few days ago hauling silage !!

as for pit work marky ?, great job & very satisfying although it can get a bit hectic.

When i taught anynew to pit work the first words i'd say to them would be 'don't be a hero'

It's more than just pushing grass up the slope, it's a real art & this is something i will blow my own trumpet to, i was bloody good at it ;)

yeah sure is!

It was brought in for a couple of hours to speed us up.  The 390 was mine for the last 5 and a bit days

HA HA I shoulda gave you's the 3050 or the 6620 for the harvester then you'd have known all about speedin you up  :D :D

that renault looks well cared for P & considering the 290's age & being a loader tractor ,it too looks in fine fettle

as for pit work marky ?, great job & very satisfying although it can get a bit hectic.

When i taught anynew to pit work the first words i'd say to them would be 'don't be a hero'

It's more than just pushing grass up the slope, it's a real art & this is something i will blow my own trumpet to, i was bloody good at it ;)

The renault is in perfect condition, as for the 290 she is in good shape to for her age!

I was buck-raking a bit, i can get hectic, i was alright the were drawing from a bit of a distance, so had time to roll it!!