Static grass

Awdmac

Had a chance to compare my £20 sieve applicator against a £100 Noch applicator tonight. Used 6mm static grass. Did one half of board with each applicator. To be honest hard to tell difference in results. Sieve would take longer on big area  because of capacity & mesh size best suited to 6mm or less, no lack of charge  though. Noch probably worth it if you do bigger areas & want to use the longer grasses. Not tried finishing things off with a vacuum yet which is meant to improve the end result.IMG_0836.thumb.JPG.4714f79032dd2c9463ef30c48b518eba.JPGIMG_0833.thumb.JPG.00001713441afa6de04aeebbb6bb2cde.JPGIMG_0834.thumb.JPG.2412a3aab47d76949a9838dc59d48270.JPGIMG_0835.thumb.JPG.636e02cebaef3a000c75bfd084312759.JPG

1 hour ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Interesting to hear, thank you for sharing. 

From the information I have seen it would appear to be as much about technique as it is about any specific applicator. 

True James,But longer stuff does need bigger holes,but I reckon adapting a cheap one would be easy enough just make a bigger hopper with lid,and create new mesh from etched brass.

Regards

Joe.

2 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Interesting to hear, thank you for sharing. 

From the information I have seen it would appear to be as much about technique as it is about any specific applicator. 

Would agree James a good technique is important. I should of mentioned I did try 12mm through the sieve, it does go through but with a sparse result, handy for doing neglected areas or any area requiring a bit of long stuff. It does ball up in the sieve easily though. 

1 hour ago, catkom3 said:

True James,But longer stuff does need bigger holes,but I reckon adapting a cheap one would be easy enough just make a bigger hopper with lid,and create new mesh from etched brass.

Regards

Joe.

That would be the economical way to achieving the best of both worlds Joe. The  Noch comes with 3 mesh sizes and it's workable to mix grass lengths in the hopper at the same time. It's handy having each applicator loaded with different materials, can follow one application directly by the other before the glue dries. Certainly interesting stuff to experiment with :).

30 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

There is a glue you don't need to wait for it drying,can't remember for now,will look for it later tonight.

Regards

Joe.

I use noch grass glue as a base glue, then wws layering spray after. 

Archived