Bluegreens pictures 2020

bluegreen

This summer I was working near Huntingdon and passed Bartletts HQ everyday and first spotted a line up of tractors due to be traded in, then a line up of brand new delivered machines T7.210s and T7.230s  followed a few weeks later.   Then 3 x T7.315s  traded in for three brand new ones.  And then a brand new red MF 7718S appeared!!  Thought it must be a demo tractor of Thurlow Nunns as they already have a foot in the door with 3x Fendt 936s working for Bartletts. But apparently they have bought a few MFs as I soon spotted another one on a carrot drill.

What I also noticed and hadn't back in September when I first saw the 7718S was it has the new skinny exhaust pipe which looks much better than the fat old ones. I thought it was just being fitted to the 7719S.  I always thought the fat exhaust looked too big for the smaller MFs 7718 , 7716 but just fine on the bigger tractors 7720/ 7726 etc.

IMG_5017.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Maize gang arrived in the area in late April,  this year Pretoria Energy sent their own  New Holland Tractors instead of Dean Bartrums JCBs...…………….Think he got rid of several machines and scaled his business back.   Anyways the two T7.315s were working in tandem mostly with two big 16 row Horsch drills.

IMG_5192.JPG

IMG_5194.JPG

P1080242.JPG

P1080236.JPG

• 5 months later...

Cereal planting is in full swing locally as farmers try to catch up from the bad weather.  I knew G.Shropshires had a Puma 240 on tracks but didnt know they had two of them and was well chuffed to stumble across them in a roadside field. Luckily I had left my camera in the car too:)

IMG_5605.JPG

IMG_5608.JPG

IMG_5609.JPG

IMG_5611.JPG

IMG_5619.JPG

IMG_5622.JPG

One of the local farms with some 4000+ acres of cereals to get in gave up with their 8m Vady cultivator drill due to sticky conditions and opted to use a 6m Kv tined drill on the back of a 300hp 765C Cat:blink:.......................terrific engine sound though as it roared up and down at break neck speed!  They had a nice JCB and Horsch rig in the yard too.

IMG_5636.JPG

IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

IMG_5641.JPG

Archived