Here's another model dragged out and finished off  due to lockdown ,one of my favourite tractors of all time. I fell in love with these big American Whites , after seeing one at the Royal Show at Stoneleigh back in about 1980. the silver colour scheme with a wine red leather cab interior , what's not to love . the model is the very basic ERTL 1/32 tractor with added driven front axle and detailing including cab glazing.

Andrew

DSC04919.JPG

DSC04922.JPG

DSC04923.JPG

DSC04921.JPG

DSC04924.JPG

11 hours ago, allis8550 said:

Here's another model dragged out and finished off  due to lockdown ,one of my favourite tractors of all time. I fell in love with these big American Whites , after seeing one at the Royal Show at Stoneleigh back in about 1980. the silver colour scheme with a wine red leather cab interior , what's not to love . the model is the very basic ERTL 1/32 tractor with added driven front axle and detailing including cab glazing.

Andrew

DSC04919.JPG

DSC04922.JPG

DSC04923.JPG

DSC04921.JPG

DSC04924.JPG

That is really nice!  I have one of those old scale models somewhere!! That’s got me thinking, thanks for posting 

There were four White tractors imported into Ireland in the late 1970s. I remember seeing them at the Spring Show or the Ploughing.

Only one of them was sold. The others sat in a warehouse for decades and Classic Tractor did a feature on them some years ago.

The one what was sold was bought by a farmer near here who got fed up with it very quickly and sold it on. I can't remember if it was sold to France or the USA.

There are three other tractors that this guy is the only person in Ireland to buy new, an International, a Case and a Deere. He still has the Case and Deere, but he sold the International years ago and regrets it ever since.

Archived