Some Pics from work

civilpek

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pics alan, looks like a decent crop too. they givin you a go on the chopper? It must be more reliable once they paint it red?  :D

ya had one quick go the other day theres only 2 tractors carting though at the moment so its hard to get the opportunity to get up into it  ;) and ya mate there moto is it goes better in red?????

what numbers do they give the choppers once they change the colours ,or do they stay the same :-\

well that chopper in those pics has stayed a 6850 but i think the new one will be called a 7550  :-\ not too sure on that though

they have worked with jd choppers for years, know them well and like their reliability, changing to a different brand would mean they would have to start from scratch getting to know everything about the harvester, build new relationships with dealers etc etc. the reason they change colours is mainly just a form of advertising, when farmers far away from the home area see their gear they usually know straight away who it is cos they have heard about them, and over here contractors advertising themselves is pretty big not like at home

• 1 month later...

nearing the end of my stay here now, and almost finished the maize too. heres some taken over the last few weeks, first one is of a trailer sinking in the peat, of course i can claim the fame to be the one who got it stuck............. the only trailer to get stuck this season thank you!

the second one was taken on the evening of a pretty big lightening storm, there was some serious flashes that ran for ages later on that night but luckily it didnt rain, make things worse the maize was very badly blown over so were working late into the night.

post-24-132638588976_thumb.jpg

post-24-132638588983_thumb.jpg

one of the 270s being filled and the next ones are of the stack tractor. i got to spend a good bit of time stacking mid way through the season cos the usual guy that does it went driving one of the trucks on some of the longer draws from some of the maize blocks further away

post-24-132638589019_thumb.jpg

post-24-13263858925_thumb.jpg

o how things have changed!!! the older magnums might be reliable but they are damn uncomfortable to drive, give me a newer one anyday. saying that though it is some beast to pull, with a full load it would pull up pretty long steep enough hills in top gear............ with a slight run up to them  ;D the 270 used have to drop a couple gears tackling the same slopes still though id rather be able to walk after my day

post-24-132638589261_thumb.jpg

view from inside and the 5140 roller drilling.......... not as nice as the tvt earlier i must say  ;D

Wow cracking phtos as ever, especially the Pro! Your boss really has got good taste hasn't he! :)

haha thanks. well me and the bosses opinions differ slightly they like the older stuff and i like the newer stuff  ::) it makes for regular daily debates over lunch or when one thing or another breaks down as to which is better. but saying all that the older yokes arent so bad and some people actually love them  :D

Are any of those Magnums the written off one Alan? If not, how is the repair job shaping up? Some very nice photo's in that little collection chappy. I hope the remainder of your stay does/is going well mate and you have a safe journey home, how long now until you see the folks?

thanks tris, some of the parts got delayed in customs by a few weeks so they ran out of time for gettin git finished before the maize so theyll finish it over the winter, ill have to wait for them to send on the pictures. havent long left now roughly 2 weeks or so in hamilton and 3 weeks in the south island then off home.. .that time will fly. i met your boss and his 2 kids and a scotish guy too a couple days after you left, man those kids are a handfull id say  :D hes a pretty sound guy though id say we got some duals for the 5140 from him, and have done a few sowing jobs for him last week too.

thanks tris, some of the parts got delayed in customs by a few weeks so they ran out of time for gettin git finished before the maize so theyll finish it over the winter, ill have to wait for them to send on the pictures. havent long left now roughly 2 weeks or so in hamilton and 3 weeks in the south island then off home.. .that time will fly. i met your boss and his 2 kids and a scotish guy too a couple days after you left, man those kids are a handfull id say  :D hes a pretty sound guy though id say we got some duals for the 5140 from him, and have done a few sowing jobs for him last week too.

Oh yeah? Whats Andrew up to at the moment then? That 5140 look's like a bag of nails but with a bit of work that old bus would be as right as rain. Scott said he has the CVX130 and 170 all fixed up now and the CVX1190 is going strong - been on with Austins with it on night shift maize carting too!! Didn't get lucky with his forager though.

All the best with your travels Alan, hope the south island gives you plenty of memories. We didn't see much of it so we hope to go back and do a caravan tour just of the south island in the future.  :)

Nice pics there Alan......Love that pic in the sunset too...... :) :) :);)

thanks mart

Neat pictures Allan.What large Case is the best on diesel?

the older ones are slightly more economical, they usually use al the newer ones for cultivation and stuff while the older ones do the carting so they arent overly taxed there but when you compare what the 270 will use when its carting comparted to the 8940 ud get approximately 1/4 of a day longer from the 8940  id say

Oh yeah? Whats Andrew up to at the moment then? That 5140 look's like a bag of nails but with a bit of work that old bus would be as right as rain. Scott said he has the CVX130 and 170 all fixed up now and the CVX1190 is going strong - been on with Austins with it on night shift maize carting too!! Didn't get lucky with his forager though.

All the best with your travels Alan, hope the south island gives you plenty of memories. We didn't see much of it so we hope to go back and do a caravan tour just of the south island in the future.  :)

havent a clue what they are at now, i think it was just two jobs that we finished of sowing or something cos andrew or some guy andrew works in with couldnt get to them quick enough or something after power harrowing. heard they ate some wire with the chopper alrite did a bit of damage and stuff from what the lads said.