civilpek

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DITTO!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Thought the same thing aswell!!

How close was this plane then? I take it you didn't venture outside the cab for a bit as you still have all your hair!!!  :D :D :D :D

Funny... I thought the same thing!  ::)

Amazing photos Alan, look at some of the hills you're farming. An American car couldn't make it up a hill that steep, even if it was paved!  ::):D :D

Seriously though, you are one lucky sod to have that job, hope to see more of your NZ pictures!  :)

if u cant spell it i defidently cant, but ya i think thatas it well i know that mountain is near me but i dont no what way i was facing when i took it  ;D we went sking by the tongario chateau one day so is hat tbhe same mountain that the chateau is on? if so then tharts def it

heck that are some pics alan mate, some of those hills look extreme in the least for field work, wouldn't see then doing that over here,they seem to dislike bumpy fields like those bigtime

thanks sean ya when i saw some of the places my first thoughts were what did i land my self into as it was not the type of farmland i was after but all those hilly places are big sheep stations as there good for not much else most with over 25000 sheep all the work on those stations involves getting a summer crop into the ground for fattening the lambs but thats almost finished now and we are about to start a few big jobs on diary farms soon setting turnips and things like that and thats where ther good land is, moved my tractor into a new job today to start tomorrow its only to disc up about 20ha but the land is flat and like home so its a start, theres 3000 dairy cows on the farm and sean ul like this but hes a massey man

More great pics Alan

haven't seen a chain harrow for a long while !

thanks JP was using that on one of my very first days as the paddock was like scrapping a rock face it was unreal would have wrecked any other type of kit but the chain harrow was perfect for the job, incidently ive bearly come across a single stone except for that field

Excellent pics there Alan, you have some bottle to take the TVT on that bank, I'd be bricking it :D :D :D

;D ;D the second discing job i done my boss took me aside and told me to be careful cos the next job your going on is a little steep, it turns out it was an understatment and the land in question was so step it could only be sprayed by plane and they put fertilizer on it by helicopter to be honest i was shi@@in it at some parts, but ud be surprised how soon you get used to it....... after a few little scares  ;):D the funny thing is i told my boss before i came over i was used to working on high ground, but my definition of high was a little different to his

lovely tractor to drive handles the discs no bother all spool valves are idealy located and it also handles the power harrow away better then the tg as the tg is too light on the front for it even with weights on it, but the tvt hasnt even got weights so shed be some beast of a yoke all together if she had them, its def one of the nicest tractors ive ever driven havent really been drivin in cruise mode though cos the hard pullin gof the discs would be pretty extreme on the transmission, but some people wont ike this but the jd  was a lovely yoke too except it had no water in hte tyres so traction wasnt great, id be hard pushed to pick between the two

Looking at those pics I thought to myself "hey that looks like here in nz" so i read back and lo and behold...  ;D Which contractor are you working for down in turangi mate? You should try getting down to the upper rangitikei those boys will show ya hill work  ;) And hope you enjoy your stay!

Wow some pictures you have taken.  :-*

Having seen you are doing ground work Allan....ask your boss were the best soil in NZ is

best soil depends on who you ask mate ha ha!. The soil where i am in the waikato is pretty top notch. Its about an hour and a half north of where Alan is. Mainly a peat/loam type soil, very fertile. But farmers down the south island will tell you theirs is best probably, its ranges so much throughout even within short distance

hiya Datman

im with Mathew Truebridge "Truebridge Contractors" very nice fella i have to say. do you know if there is other contractors around this area just out of interest? oi know of cole and clive Pritchard in taupo as i was talking to them about getting a job too but today i saw a fendt passing through turangi and this evening a big jd too far away to see what it was exactly but up to today i hadnt really seen any other tractors passing through besides on the farms that ive been on

the soil here is a pomice one with very little top soil in some parts so have to be careful not to go too deep with those discs  ;D

Ah yep ive heard of him  :) I dont know of many contractors in that area, but I know of a few up here in the waikato if you feel like venturing north for a stint. One good one up here is John Austin, biggest contractor in NZ. He is right into the GPS and trials a lot of new gear for John Deere. How long are ya over here for?

• 1 month later...

well heres some more pics ive been taking over the last two weeks or so, i finished with this guy im working with yesterday and am heading to another guy further north tomorrow runing cases. have been doing a lot of sowing over the last while first few are of the tg and the roller drill, i had to use the tg for some of the higher fields where i was either drilling crop, mainly sweedes and kale. the rest of the time i was regrassing worked up fields

post-24-132638549417_thumb.jpg

post-24-13263854942_thumb.jpg