Honey Bee Header Demonstration

Gav836

Over the last few weeks I’ve started to get involved with machinery sales and product support, one of the franchises is a company called Honey Bee from Canada. On Thursday and Friday last week we were setting up and demonstrating their 36’ AirFLEX draper header in Cambridgeshire so I got a few pictures and videos of it before and during work. 

FF6CE061-C941-4DB3-B853-DD4A5890F4CD.jpeg

151256CA-6C95-43F2-9B23-BC4C69BAFAD6.jpeg

77117A59-2918-496E-A94A-445876B00824.jpeg

0344C090-E0D4-4D1D-9DF3-93794F504739.jpeg

Forgive my naivety.......can you buy a combine with no header, and then buy another brand to go on it......I guess you have to specify what combine it will fit on as not all combine controls are the same??

7 minutes ago, Barry said:

Forgive my naivety.......can you buy a combine with no header, and then buy another brand to go on it......I guess you have to specify what combine it will fit on as not all combine controls are the same??

Different adapter plates, drive lines and hyd/electric hook ups are required. Not a problem from the 3rd party mfg’s like Macdon or Honey bee but can be an issue of you want to use a Deere head on a Case or something silly like that. 

12 minutes ago, Barry said:

Going by the cost of the new X9 that may work out a cheaper option, the combine is 725k, the header 124k though I am guessing the Macdons etc not yet compatible with it being such a new machine?

1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

Going by the cost of the new X9 that may work out a cheaper option, the combine is 725k, the header 124k though I am guessing the Macdons etc not yet compatible with it being such a new machine?

It wouldn’t take long for Honey Bee to make the header compatible with the X9, most manufacturers use harmonised couplings across their whole range of combines. 

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Very common outside of Europe to buy the combine and header from separate manufacturers. It only took us a couple of hours to get the header fitted to the combine for the demonstration. 

Archived