Some Of Our Tractors & Implements

godzilla

My late Farther was pretty keen on toy and model tractors, they’ve mainly stayed in situ since he passed away well over a decade ago, I decided to join the forum to learn a little more about the collection with the intention of helping my Mother sell a few, here are a few of the more easily accessible ones, we mainly have Britains, Border fine arts and DBP & G&M originals. 

76FFD173-A176-4534-8FA8-322413849262.jpeg

CD0A330C-C90D-40A2-9A9A-A959B48B2F69.jpeg

EF1C561E-4B64-4108-8FD8-5C89572DCECC.jpeg

7AD97841-B05D-4CC9-85DD-48BB9D158EB9.jpeg

A75F52BA-1C92-4BD8-962C-B6579FFE0147.jpeg

Welcome to the forum:)

that is a lovely collection your family have gathered, lots of variation of brands, sizes and types. Don’t feel guilty about playing with them, it is what Britains, Siku and the like we’re made for and It sounds like that is why they were bought for you in the first place, there is no fun in pushing a box with a tractor in it around the floor! You should see some of mine from my childhood, some are only 4 wheels and a chassis with a bit of wire fashioned for a hook!

There are a few routes you could go down for selling, there are plenty of collectors on here if you told us what what you are selling. it is probably one of the easier ways.

There are model traders who would possibly buy off you everything in one go, although less hassle for you, they understandably wouldn’t be able to give you market value as they need to make a profit selling them on.

You could. Enter them into M&M auction, (there is a section on this forum dedicated to them) I’m not sure if there is commission to the seller, there usually is with auction houses but models sold by them usually make a decent price or more especially less common and more desirable ones.

Personally I’d count these next methods as less favourable, eBay or Facebook. Commission  and dishonest buyers seem to be the biggest complaints with eBay although all but one of the small number of models I had sold on there in the past went without problem. There has been a few people selling part or all of their collection on Facebook recently, a couple of them said they were getting dozens of messages at all times of the day but not many items actually sold. 

Hope this helps a little bit. :)

Archived