Siku JD 7290R R/C

I bought this model for a few reasons, firstly it has nice 650/85/ R38 replica tyres, secondly its front lights put the Wiking 7310R too shame and its wheels are correct scale back and front unlike the ridiculous set on the aforementioned 7310.  But it needed some work to improve it futher.

Detail painting on the bonnet and steps, removing of the front weight and siku hitch in favour of the much nicer Wiking front weight assembly.  I had too make a pair of cab grab rails out of copper wire and paint them black. The wheels got sprayed JD Yellow and wheel nuts painted silver.  The battery holder bottom got painted JD Green as well.

Doubleday Dealer sticker, security sticker and 2015 reg. plate, plus a grey worn look for the exhaust as well.  Also found a large roof light to go with the two working beacons.

Seeing as Siku were lazy and didnt upgrade the rear fenders to the more familiar large ones I was restricted to making it a 2014/5 year 7290R which had the same fenders as the previous 7280 tractor.  The 7310r arrived in 2015 with the big exhaust and also the bigger fenders.

Anyways its gonna sit on my new Joskin Tanker so it doesnt matter that its a 6 year old machine, I will pretend its got low hours on it:D...............saw one for sale last week with just 2k on the clock. That will do. 

P1080637.JPG

P1080639.JPG

Hi Sean, The battery pack slides into the back of the cab, actually ive done a good job of hiding it by painting the battery bottom green. You can just make out the round head screw at the top right near the cab rear window.

It works off an app on my phone which I havent set up yet.

Ive decided to upgrade my lacklustre diorama so my attention is currently with modelling scenery.

28 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

Hi Sean, The battery pack slides into the back of the cab, actually ive done a good job of hiding it by painting the battery bottom green. You can just make out the round head screw at the top right near the cab rear window.

It works off an app on my phone which I havent set up yet.

Ive decided to upgrade my lacklustre diorama so my attention is currently with modelling scenery.

ah i see it now, much more slimline that the 6920 i have 

Archived