Lexion 8900TT, Your thoughts

catkom3

I was just looking at the photo's I took of my 8900TT, And reckoned Claas won't sell any of their 8900's with the 13,8 mtr headers, Not with that 7XL auger it is way to long, and I suspect to expensive, Unless Claas have an 18.8 ( 60ft ) mtr header on their options list, plus maybe the new 925HP MAN engine they already have in the 990 Jaguar chopper, we might just see a Lexion 9900TT later this year, Anyone thinking the same,??

Regards

Joe.

Claas Lexion 8900TT.jpg

• Like 1

The longer auger is to suit controlled traffic farming (ctf) basically every tractor and machine that goes in that field stays in the same wheelings, so with that in mind the auger need to be long enough to reach over to the next set of wheelings and the chaser bin/trailer 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FendtFarmer said:

The longer auger is to suit controlled traffic farming (ctf) basically every tractor and machine that goes in that field stays in the same wheelings, so with that in mind the auger need to be long enough to reach over to the next set of wheelings and the chaser bin/trailer 

Cheers Ben never realised that, I was under the impression all machines used on CTF were already specced to suit, never thought an auger could make that much of a difference,, very day's a school day,

Regards

Joe

• Like 1

12 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Just seen this from a guy in Brazil, AGCO Fendt 9T with a 62ft header, Auger looks awfully similar to the 7XL on the Lexion,??

Regards

Joe.

62 ft header.jpg

That is a big header, I doubt they would be able to get a long enough auger to run CTF with that.  

Richard Western created an alternative to longer augers, adding an extention to the chaser.  

Screenshot_20210325-174742_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...