Linkage change

weblet375

Question

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, weblet375 said:

Does anybody know how to change the rear linkage on a Imber ford 8970. It came with two choices, but I don't know how to swap them.

I think you will find the Imber Ford's have a fixed rear linkage, But an interchangeable front linkage, Mine does,??

Regards

Joe.

46 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

I think you will find the Imber Ford's have a fixed rear linkage, But an interchangeable front linkage, Mine does,??

Regards

Joe.

the smaller 56/6640’s  did joe, but the later big ones did have a ros style and a 3 point style rear linkages in the box, few on ebay at the mo, sadly i dont have me so don't know how they actually  swap round.

I've never done it, but I believe that the pto pulls off to reveal a screw.

The second linkage should have a hole in it for the screw. Look on the linkage that's on the tractor to see where that hole should line up. I'm pretty sure it is the pto.

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

the smaller 56/6640’s  did joe, but the later big ones did have a ros style and a 3 point style rear linkages in the box, few on ebay at the mo, sadly i dont have me so don't know how they actually  swap round.

Mine is a 5640, One of the first released, It only has the front linkage the weights and the A frame, Back end is pretty solid and PTO shaft miniscule,?? But a quick Google shows Karen and Steve did an 8970, never realised that, But that does indeed have interchangeable rear linkage,

Regards

Joe.

Imber Ford 8970.jpg