The peculiar world of 3D printing. Printers and CAD in a world of Craft Knifes and Pencils.

Stabliofarmer

Question

I might as well start the topic I've spoken about in the purchases topic. If admin want to do the fancy thing where they move posts to different threads then I think what was discussed in the purchases topic would make a nice start to this one. 

Anyhow, in the mean time... 

Printer 

IMG_20211002_131925.thumb.jpg.445d26d1fc0bdbaca3ad02fd048879ef.jpg

Printing

IMG_20211005_201909.thumb.jpg.7cc219b6dae78946e380b9e8557cdbf2.jpg

IMG_20211005_201926.thumb.jpg.37cfcacded27e209d565d28bf16874ca.jpg

Printed wheels

IMG_20211005_212320.thumb.jpg.a19bc19734212eea16f6df87a7ef5cb1.jpg

Edited by Stabliofarmer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

ah tyres, yes have done those, takes a fair bit of work mind, i thought you meant actuall wheel hubs, mf1200 or ford 7610 ones, as for the discs i did have a go just now, and managed a couple, so i may yet get round to a few bits😆😆

Yes Tyres and hubs are really easy, On Designspark Mechanical you just create template of a cross section of the wheel and tyre, create a fulcrum to rotate around select the "pull " tool and spin through 360 degrees as shown here in Russian so no commentary and how he does the tread is a mystery to me,PS as for the track pads complexity and lack of material on the bottom I had to use a raft:ph34r:.

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 5:45 PM, catkom3 said:

Yes Tyres and hubs are really easy, On Designspark Mechanical you just create template of a cross section of the wheel and tyre, create a fulcrum to rotate around select the "pull " tool and spin through 360 degrees as shown here in Russian so no commentary and how he does the tread is a mystery to me,PS as for the track pads complexity and lack of material on the bottom I had to use a raft:ph34r:.

Regards

Joe.

i did notice on a good few  sites now, most if not all people recommend a raft as a base for smaller bits, bit like i have been doing with the trailers, the bed and chassis are ok, but the rest of the smaller bits do come out a lot better on a raft ,they are usable but not as good. so i suspect i may go back to it for some bits just for finish , starting to really push it now i am back up and working, see what i can get away with, after 5 odd weeks off with it down i lost the settings ect , its certainly like a different machine now,so much better than when it arrived.

• Like 1

had a tidy up yesterday now i am all running again, and came across a printed kit i got a good few years back from zwolle for a mf 190 big baler, i did start it, but found it wasnt wide enough to fit on the uh baler, and keep all the chains ect in place, its also not overly detailed , printers were new back then i guess .so last night i drew this up in the cad. not sure i will print it just yet, as thats another job to finish, but it could well be worth it 

E19943BF-BFBE-4187-B9C1-3A229C96941F.png

1420A58A-1A23-4B28-8D17-EDCB184CE6AF.jpeg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Is the main body hollow inside Sean, ??

Regards

Joe.

yeah, all the doors should open up as well,if i have got it right😆😆 the kit wouldnt fit without huge amounts taken off, and was very basic, i was just wasting time while she was watching some weird prog on the tv

EA37223E-FB20-406D-AC02-8E555A93DC07.png

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

This shaper software is so easy to use joe, especially when used with the apple pencil , just like pencil and paper     

Did mean to ask some time ago, but that would have led to a very lengthy exchange, I sketch up individual parts then either glue them together or "weld" (merge) them in my slicer.

Regards

Joe.

30 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Did mean to ask some time ago, but that would have led to a very lengthy exchange, I sketch up individual parts then either glue them together or "weld" (merge) them in my slicer.

Regards

Joe.

i do it in a similar way, especially with this one, but i can also free hand draw as well with the pencil, which can have its uses on complex shapes 

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

This shaper software is so easy to use joe, especially when used with the apple pencil , just like pencil and paper     

Hell's teeth that is simple, I can do all of that but need to use different "tools" to do each step, same end result just an awful lot longer.

Regards

Joe.

I though I posted this earlier Sean, But must have forgotten to Post topic, to familiar these day's with just hitting "Return".

Edited by catkom3
  • Like 1

for me, on the i pad its so easy, plus we are getting a new laptop between us for xmas, prob a mac which means i can just swipe  it on the screen and it will appear in the slicer  software , so no need to keep moving between with a memory stick ect. the ultimaker cura is available for mac ios, only thing is they dont do touch screen on the laptops, so the designing will stay on the i pad 

• Like 1

Nice to see some part's printed up on a resin printer Hugh, If I was still working I'd probably buy one for the better finish especially in the smaller parts like your cab steps even a well set up FDM printer would leave some stringing between the bars.

Regards

Joe.

Edited by catkom3

9 hours ago, SirTainly said:

Really nice work! On a related note, where's everyone finding farm model files to print or are you all ace CAD modellers? My search on Cults didn't yield that much stuff.

cult's is one of the better .stl hosting sites Simon, But you'll find a wider choice on Yeggi, Also not everybody uses the term " Wheel " some folk prefer " Rims ", And if you have more money than sense Shapeways have loads of 3D files, But at a price,

https://www.yeggi.com/q/rims/

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=rims

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SirTainly said:

Really nice work! On a related note, where's everyone finding farm model files to print or are you all ace CAD modellers? My search on Cults didn't yield that much stuff.

All my designs are my own that I’ve drawn and printed myself 

• Like 2

I discovered this new technique in Cura late last night and sketched up a big bale earlier, i did incorporate six grooves for the strings, but the Fuzzy Skin has filled them in a bit, a handy option for doing hairy animals I guess, but I reckoned it would work well on bales, straw in particular and think it turned out well, I would then use elasticated thread as the string,E-bay £ 2.99 for 50 mtrs,

Fuzzy Skin video,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ApNNEEit5A

Elasticated thread,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200817106689?hash=item2ec1a1df01:g:MrIAAOSwOWdimGkh&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8HmfxGL%2BV%2FjRzHuclvJsABUn7YRYK80Qtus1dWu4d5UN2vbrC4kJ90%2FKnLhy1V2TPS6s6ZGXKQ7QtO4%2Bb9ZhXaHSC%2BcO%2FmeLbYdBYObhb3dD3mlI6TvGhJ2jv4tjEa1ya6uti76oML9%2BglBg57rTOnZFghINKXDWub1U3UOJN25RTNalGV8zkYq%2B35MRIMB9VyL5S7MY6kb7kRCknRhh8Lvq%2FPetvhZjXimFM4fjhOM%2F9pyrYOFmZcBL6DoArOk%2BMs2qJhHbXumi3enGPU4ZN93gi9Kyc4vtGK1ckPF6XJirCg3sp4Dqub7xbjP0SODWcg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7CY1_inYQ

Regards

Joe.

Cura Fuzzy skin 1.jpg

Cura Fuzzy skin 2.jpg

Cura Fuzzy skin 3.jpg

Cura Fuzzy skin 4.jpg

Cura Fuzzy skin 5.jpg

Cura Fuzzy skin 6.jpg

• Like 4

be interesting to see how these come out,am using a new slicer program,which has given me another level of detail ,going down to a .08 mm a layer,best before was a .1 mm layer , lot better surface finish now ,so after deciding that the current dowdeswell plough is to heavy for the 1200 linkagei had a go ,i am looking at ways to lighten it up,first steps the mounting arms, ,next will be a new frame ,and depth wheel mount, with the aim of at least using the replicagri headstock, ,may have a go at that as well mind see how it comes put,have a plan for the boards as well, but need to go shopping for that ,and have a test.

D6487827-1DA5-4A25-95D4-A7C706D4194C.png

• Like 3