Newark Vintage Tractor show

robbo

First time that I have been to this show and have to say that I was very impressed. It always used to clash with the Penrith show but not this year as it is a week earlier. The showground is huge and, as well as the outdoor areas there are several permanent indoor arenas, all if which were rammed full of tractors. 

As well as the spares and machinery dealers there were a fair few model dealers as well so something for everyone.

One of the things that struck me straight away was a collection of 12 X 1200 Series Massey Ferguson tractors, I have never seen so many gathered together in one place

P1030131.JPG

P1030132.JPG

P1030133.JPG

• Like 7

Each of the permanent buildings was themed for one or more particular marque so I will post a few from each to keep everyone happy, well, except for me. There were no Same, Lamborghini or Hurlimann tractors and only one or two older Deutz tractors, still, I had a good day and I am sure that others did as well.

First up, there were some there for auction, and some were in a better condition than others

P1030134.JPG

P1030135.JPG

P1030136.JPG

P1030137.JPG

P1030138.JPG

P1030139.JPG

• Like 7

Then I bumped into some reprobates, The Tractor Twitcher chatting to Cenfyn Davies followed by Bazza trying to look friendly, don't let appearances fool you, he is actually quite friendly 😁

P1030198.JPG

P1030200.JPG

• Like 6

On the grass outside, I had forgotten how big these old Deeres were for their power, I used to drive a 3130 which was 97hp and the 3040 was 95hp. If you compare then to a modern tractor of that horsepower they are far larger. Also, I don't remember seeing a 3040 with an OPU cab before, the one that we had had a Sound Gard cab. The 3140 in the hall had a red rosette so it must have won something

P1030201.JPG

P1030202.JPG

P1030203.JPG

P1030219.JPG

P1030220.JPG

• Like 8

Then onto Massey Ferguson, there were more of these then just about any other marque, they came in all shapes and sizes, some restored and some in off farm condition, there was also a pink one but I couldn't bring myself to take a photo of that 

P1030221.JPG

P1030222.JPG

P1030223.JPG

P1030224.JPG

P1030225.JPG

P1030226.JPG

P1030227.JPG

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Thanks for sharing your photos Mike, unfortunately not had chance to make it down this year... Bit gutted really but can't be helped... Looks as good a turn out as ever though 👍

No problem Paul, I have the Marshall building up shortly for you

• Like 1

OK, so moving swiftly on, it wasn't all tractors, there were some trucks as well but, the one that really caught my eye was this recreated BBC outside broadcast lorry. It had apparently been bought in a run down semi-derelict state and rebuilt from the ground up

P1030239.JPG

P1030240.JPG

• Like 3

Nearly the end now, some rare IH models. According to the literature, only 8 X 4 wheel drive 674's were ever built, not counting the conversions. I always found the IH 674 to be quite a small framed tractor when compared to other similar HP models, made it ideal for livestock farmers but didn't really catch on as a arable workhorse as it lacked the weight to put the power down

P1030264.JPG

P1030265.JPG

P1030266.JPG

P1030267.JPG

P1030268.JPG

• Like 6