Newark Vintage Tractor show

robbo

That must be a bit of a rarity Mike, A French Latil Forestry tractor with a Gardner engine, also my late father drove an International 674, the only tractor  he ever rolled, put it down to the safety cab making it top heavy, I thought it was the best looking tractor he drove in the 31 years we lived there.

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

Hi Joe, I know what you mean. The first farm I ever worked on had a 434, 574 and a 674. In many ways the World Wide Range as they were known, were ahead of their rivals, enclosed Q cabs, independent PTO and separate spools for the ancillary equipment as well as synchro gears and even a Hydro option on the 574. Their rivals at the time were the MF 188, Ford 5000, DB 1200 and Leyland 270 all of which were noisy and drafty but better at putting the power down on the ground. They seemed to use the same frame for all of the models in the range and just upped the engine power, shame really as the Neuss engine was a good one.

The "Saddle" diesel tank was a clever idea as well, I just wish my Dad had kept all the old diaries he had, he used to service his tractor every Sunday and log anything he did to it in detail, bought a new diary every time he was given a new tractor, about every three years if memory serves,??

Regards

Joe.