Ferguson TEF20

Cropmaster

Hey guys,

Here?s a picture of my Ferguson TEF20 ? the world?s most molly-coddled tractor! You would not believe how bad this tractor was when I bought it - no hydraulics, an engine that came in boxes (with most of the parts missing!), three wheels and a bonnet almost beyond repair. The only thing that worked was the steering! The tractor was really beyond restoration, but still I decided to rescue it! I wrote the story of the tractor?s restoration for ?Tractor and Machinery? magazine. It may be featured in the magazine next month. Irish forum members may have already seen pictures of the Fergy in my monthly vintage column in the ?Farmers Journal? newspaper a couple of months ago.

There are both advantages and disadvantages of restoring small old tractors over newer larger models like 8210's. A Ferguson 20 or DB Cropmaster may be smaller than modern tractors with less surface area to strip down during restoration, but vintage models have been exposed to the elements for a longer period of time, and are generally more corroded than tractors of the 1970's or later. Also, once people upgraded from their Fordson Majors or Ferguson 20's to newer tractors, the vintage models were often neglected and rarely, if ever serviced! 8210's and other tractors of that era did not become quite as obsolete when replaced as Cropmasters and other vintage models, and therefore should still be in reasonable mechanical order at least D ;):)

i am giving serious consideration to doing a resto on a fergy 165 i have found,been sat for a while as the rear axel has gone and he can't be bothered to replace it,all it was used for was yard scraping and he has a db as well for that,been talking about price ,but he's looking for a tad more than i want to offer really

i am giving serious consideration to doing a resto on a fergy 165 i have found,been sat for a while as the rear axel has gone and he can't be bothered to replace it,all it was used for was yard scraping and he has a db as well for that,been talking about price ,but he's looking for a tad more than i want to offer really

We await developments - the only MF series that I like  ;)

wants 2500 quid for it,tin works in ok condition actually,needs work,but salvagable approx 2500 hrs on it ,so rebuild needed at some point,,still thinking about it at mo

If you could buy it for 2k I don'tt think you could go too far wrong mate  ;) ;)