Somerset Tractor show 28/29 January with Shepton Toy fair on the 29th Royal Bath and West Showground

Valley Axe Man

14 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Think we be having our annual trip down on a Sunday this year for a wander about, looks at HJ Pugh's auction catalogue for the Saturday sale a few nice tractors in including a Doe and a brace of 8210s hopefully grab a few photos 👍

How long do it take you to drive down there ? Must be a fare milage 

19 hours ago, smithy said:

How long do it take you to drive down there ? Must be a fare milage 

If it's a good run on the M6 / M5 it's roughly about 4 and a half hours on the journey down Smithy though that doesn't include the mandatory stop for a full English, but can add an hour to that on the journey back up home. It's neck end of 250 miles each way.

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Thanks 1

Just looked up if i go , A12- M25 Anti-clockwise -M3 THEN A303 , Its 4hrs 5minutes =226 miles , basically the same way as when i used to go to Wincanton . Not sure if i nip down will see how tomorrow turns out got a bit of roadside hedge-cutting to do 

• Like 3

On 1/29/2023 at 9:25 PM, Valley Axe Man said:

Good to catch up with you today Smithy, best not leave it as long next time 👍

It was good to see you and jmd and that little fella 😂 in your group ,he did not seem dodgy to me haha. I hope you had a smooth drive back home . My day was 22hrs long in the end ,i now i said i was going to leave here at 3am well i got woken up at 11.30pm on the Saturday evening so i just got dressed and had left before midnight as if i had gone back to sleep i might have missed alarm ,anyway with a slight diversion on A12 because of road works it was a straight run down there hence why i went past turning of A303 for the venue as i was aware that a few more miles down the road at sparkford there is a 24hrs Mcdonalds so i pulled in there had a coffee then at 6am they do the breakfast rolls so had one of them and another coffee ,apart from the 3 staff i was only one in there till about 7ish .Anyway was a really good day at the show and i left a few minutes after you ,i had good run all way back to M25 apart from the rain ,as soon as on m25 we was going at 20mph as every few miles there was broken down vehicles in the lanes ,did not get back up to speed till well past Heathrow anyway rest of drive back was ok and after a 20minute break on A12 i got home about 9.30ish , should have been 7.30-8pm ,anyway was a good day out . I have some photos to upload on here but now got to nip off to a training course so will try and do them bit later on   

• Like 3