Water slide decals

mike whiting

Question

5 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, mike whiting said:

Please can someone bring me up to speed on waterslide decals, where you get the print paper from, printing, application to model, advantages % disadvantages etc tips on use thanks Mike

Hi, I bought both clear backing and what backing on amazon, it’s fairly simple to use, just when applying to the model it can be difficult to stop the decal from folding. Not the best of explanations and I’m sure there are some tutorials on YouTube on how to do it

Hi Mike, hopefully this thread is helpful, not masses about the printing process but the video I've linked explains all of that

This is the most recent water slide paper I've purchased

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314337354996

Advantages

-Thin, when done right a waterslide decal can be barely visible

-Easy to apply, applied over water you get plenty of time and freedom to move the decal around before setting by dabbing with a paper towel.

-Fast to get exactly what you want, whether you need one decal or 100.

Disadvantages

-The manufacturing process can be hit and miss

-They can be fragile

-They don't particularly like light or moisture so if you're models are all in a shed or in direct sunlight expect a few issues later down the line.

Hi all,

I couldn't do scalemodelling without Waterslide Decals, which i design myself for nearly every project i've done and will be doing!
Great details are brought to a model using the right type of font and size of names, logo's etc.
Takes a bit of work, but again: couldn't do without!!

Best regards,

Jan

• Like 2