Harvest Travels 2023 and Others

The Tractor Twitcher

What a contrast this year's harvest has been to last year's heatwave. It's true what they say, you never end up with two years the same. Although I've not photographed anywhere near as many combine harvesters as what I normally do due to the amount of writing i'm completing these days, here's a few that I have managed to visit.

My harvest travels began this year on July 7th with this 2013 Massey Ferguson 7370 Beta Para-Level, and 2006 Claas Lexion 580 Terra-Trac.

cheffins.jpg

cheffins_1.jpg

• Like 6

My next trip out took place on July 29th after the rain relented to see a couple of the larger farms local to me harvesting winter barley and oil seed rape. The first of these were running a 2023 Claas Lexion 8900 and also had a latest generation 8800 on demonstration too. The second farm were running their recently acquired Claas Lexion 8800.

cheffins.jpg

cheffins_1.jpg

cheffins_2.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Deutz-Fahr C7206 TSB and C9206 TSB combines at work on neighbouring farms on August 10th.

car.jpg

fen_11.jpg

Always love to see Deutzs at work, very rare around my way now though.  Did see a 5690 a few years ago though 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Always love to see Deutzs at work, very rare around my way now though.  Did see a 5690 a few years ago though 

Where these two are located I reckon there will be at least another dozen or more......although nothing much older than a few 6060HTS/6090HTS models these days.

11 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Photographed these five working on farms all within less than five miles of each other back in 2012.

P1190877.JPG

P1240359.JPG

P1240400.JPG

P1240425.JPG

P1240583.JPG

• Like 3