Massey Ferguson 7S.190

Nice model for the most part but the cab's wrong and the rear fenders are off the previous 7726 model which got replaced by the 8S.265 and is now history. You can see they are the same in my picture below of a black 7726 & the new 7.190.   The fender should hug the tyre all the way round on the 7S, not turn up as on the large frame 7726.

Firstly its annoying that UH  didnt tool an all new cab and fenders, however they did for the 5S.145 and they are the ones I will attempt to fit on the new 7S.190.  I will have to transfer some parts from the 7S cab onto the 5S but at least it will look right.

P1000934.JPG

P1000937.JPG

P1000941.JPG

1 hour ago, phil phoenix said:

Skipped Spalding to make a start on this model and although I have had to do a fair bit of angle grinding, fileing and drilling out it does look promising. Much more to do in the days ahead though.

P1000957.JPG

P1000959.JPG

So is that the 5S cab and fenders Phil?

Okay, So I removed the unwanted fenders from the model and replaced them with the 5S versions and after a good deal of modifying underneath I grip filled them into place. I then put the nicer 7S seat and buddy seat into the cab. Fortunately the 5S model is top specced with most of the same controls used on the 7S.

I decided to swap the 7S front rims with my 8S model as they are slightly smaller and enabled me to fit a full set of tyres off a CASE Puma 175 tyres which UH have used on a few models. They are trelleborg 650/65/R42 & 540/65/R30 and a more popular match for sub 200hp tractors.  I put the original 7S tyres which are fatter 710s and front rims on my 8S so they look right on the more powerful tractor.  I also sprayed the rims Sapphire Grey.

Before fitting the cab I had to swap the cab lights and indicator stalk from the original 7S cab to the converted one. A bit tricky, but with patience and some modification and glue the jobs done. The paint colour difference isn't to noticeable once they are fitted. Also fitted 7S roof aerial on cab.

P1010045.JPG

P1010048.JPG

P1010049.JPG

P1010050.JPG

I fitted the bonnet with its TNS decals, and then hacked off the rear red bar from the old 7S which sits between the rear fenders and the bottom of the cab frame. Filed & painted ends, then glued in place on new 7S.  And now it looks like the ones I see in these parts, as all the 7S tractors Nunn's have sold in the past year have the standard fenders on them.

I Put a September 2023 registration plate on it as well. 

I added a couple of pics from the dealers yard of a 7S.180 model with the same spec.

P1010052.JPG

P1010054.JPG

P1010055.JPG

P1010053.JPG

P1010033.JPG

P1000861.JPG

19 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

Thanks guys, and you are all right.  Its annoying when they make a top job of some models and then only go half heartedly at the next one. And yes its expensive and I'm not that well off so I won't be repeating it.

Must  admit my 6S and 7S will just be having their wheels sprayed and mess about with different tyres and thats it

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 1