Wootton Hill Farm

No pictures here at the moment but I might as well confine my ramblings to one thread ,

So constructing a Dutch barn with lean two on either side , all going well and I have the stantions and top work completed on the Dutch barn , time to paint it , although I have a cheap and cheerful humbrol airbrush the acrylic paint wasn't keen on getting to know the styrene on my test piece so out comes a aerosol of black spray paint  , did a test piece last night and great job  , so started spraying this morning but run out so off to tool station and get another can off the same paint ,did the second set of stantions and great job , went to finish the first set off and major reaction , paints all blistered , so spent an hour cleaning down as well as I can but not over happy , need some really fine sand paper to get a better finish ,,,,, tho I just had a stroke of genius , the wife's emery nail file is fantastic 😊.

So a lesson learnt, on the plus side the paint job was possibly to good for a Dutch barn as it's been painted a couple of times with bitumen so looks a bit scabby .

Although  I shook the second can well I might not have done it well enough as clear fluid came out first 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Okay , so slow going but drier has been put in , just the burner to fit and control console . Elevator is in , just a grain pit to put in , then a block wall and finish cladding , lean to roofing turned up on Thursday , so that may get fitted on Monday if it's raining and the wife goes out

17147669638456526972592258094042.jpg

• Like 4

That’s going to look really well when it’s done Mark. With regards to your paint problems, I can’t recommend highly enough Hycote or Halfords own brand (which is made for them by Hycote). I always try and use it whenever possible and I’ve never once had a problem with the paint reacting, even though my hands aren’t always the cleanest when I’m painting models!