What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Powerwashing the liebherr r926 tracked machine, attached the demo grapple for monday, and looked out its sorting grab, and just as I was leaving the yard two artics turned up, one with a js330 and my 8085zts, and the other with the loading shovel and my 3cx, so ended up unloading them and decided to give them a wash too, yards starting to fill up with machines again, doesn't help the js220 long reach machines back, takes up some amount of space, and the haulage side of the company's moved half the lorrys into the plant divisions yard, tommorows just going to be a quiet day at home with Carly, maybe sneek out for a few cheeky pints, I now have the social life of a sponge

Well i thought i was slurry spreading,or grassland rolling but that got changed,i have been rolling after the plough and after the drill,this was the first field of the day,quite a steep field,but the camera,doesnt really show the steepness,i done this field last year as well,im only part time and shouldnt really complain,but the inside of the jd was a shithole,i know its a busy time but the cab was disguisting and tools all over the floor,i hate that,hopefully tomorrow im in a fendt,the roller has tines and these tines are dropped when on ploughed land

post-1769-0-30569300-1362257049_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-66750500-1362257123_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-27029000-1362257133_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-06900600-1362257157_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali

Bit early yet for grass rolling perhaps Paul, at least around here it is  :-

Aside from the state of the cab do you generally prefer the handling of the Fendts over the John Deere?

Powerwashing the liebherr r926 tracked machine, attached the demo grapple for monday, and looked out its sorting grab, and just as I was leaving the yard two artics turned up, one with a js330 and my 8085zts, and the other with the loading shovel and my 3cx, so ended up unloading them and decided to give them a wash too, yards starting to fill up with machines again, doesn't help the js220 long reach machines back, takes up some amount of space, and the haulage side of the company's moved half the lorrys into the plant divisions yard, tommorows just going to be a quiet day at home with Carly, maybe sneek out for a few cheeky pints, I now have the social life of a sponge

So who is the new company then, Harry?

So who is the new company then, Harry?

As of 6 May 2013 the new company will be my company, not sure wether it'll get called HWS Plant, struggling for a name, as we dont do plant hire i cant call it hws plant hire

Edited by HS.
  • Like 1

well the plan of staying in doing nothing has changed, my father phoned asking if i could help knock down one of the old barns, its started sinking years ago and is now to dangerous to attempt to fix it, so drove the van upto his, got my fendt 936 out the shed, hooked up the lowloader and went down and collected the liebherr r926, took it up, managed to get the building down safely, only took about half an hour with the machine, just got to sort through the wood and metal from the stone, once thats done ill break up the old concrete floor and see what he says afterwords, don't know the rules on putting up new sheds,  

well more arable rolling,this time with a better tractor,allthough this fendt is being part exchanged against a new new holland,T7.200,the fendt is 7 years old with about 7250 hours,and still looks clean,been well looked after and has been super  reliable,but the T7 is apparently £45,000 cheaper for the same spec fendt,that sounds like a helluva difference,will just have to wait and see how they get on with the new holland,or if parts of the tractor will drop off!!!!!,anyway the fields i did today were for a farm about 7 miles the other side of torrington,ham farm,and very frosty when i got there,a very grey and cold day,but dry,anyway here are some pictures if your interested

post-1769-0-46118500-1362340586_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-36787100-1362340603_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-35492300-1362340612_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-55800400-1362340622_thumb.jp

• Like 2

As of 6 May 2013 the new company will be my company, not sure wether it'll get called HWS Plant, struggling for a name, as we dont do plant hire i cant call it hws plant hire

Well done Harry how come your going back to owning a plant company again will be nice to make the company your own put your mark on it.

well for me today I finish off the slurry at home with the help of Natalie well she done the P.T.O on and off when I was out puting the pipe on :) saved me running in and out of the tractor then once we finsidh up I got myself a shower and cleaned up and took the lovely Natalie out for dinner.

Well done Harry how come your going back to owning a plant company again will be nice to make the company your own put your mark on it.

got offerd the chance to buy the company a few years back, but at the time I thought I was a bit young owning a company that size, the offer came up again as its current owners retiring and his young lad has no interest in taking it on, so I took it, the price was right, the machines, lorrys, offices are all in good condition, just going back to something I find I'm good at and enjoy, roughly 40 excavators from 1.4ton to 50tons, 4 loading shovels, 6 ADT'S, 2 Drotts, 2 CAT D7 Dozers, 3 artic lowloaders, 2 Rigid lowloaders, 5 Tipper Lorrys, fair size bigger than my previous plant company, most of the machines are either Volvo, Cat, Liebherr, Doosan rather than jcb's which a change from what I'm used to but are still good machines.

been out this morn with the relatives for breakfast, and a bit of shopping at the farmers market, then home, did some more in the front room which resulted in us finding out where the breeze we keep getting was coming from, what ever company fitted the front room double glazed window ,been in since i moved in,seem to have removed the plaster ect along with some of the bricks on the outside wall  return that usally holds the window , rather than refilling/rebuilding it ,they just stuck the manky bits of white cover plastic over it, dabbling it on with little more than white silicon ,basicly leaving the cavity open all round the window, infact one side of the windows not actually screwed to anything??? its just held there by the silicon outside .so spent a good part of this afternoon putting some selotex into the void to seal it up, then bonding plasterboard onto that, just got to plaster it off to finish now, which will be wendesday, we are going to replace the window at some point anyway, but thats going to need a bit more work to sort it now i think 

got offerd the chance to buy the company a few years back, but at the time I thought I was a bit young owning a company that size, the offer came up again as its current owners retiring and his young lad has no interest in taking it on, so I took it, the price was right, the machines, lorrys, offices are all in good condition, just going back to something I find I'm good at and enjoy, roughly 40 excavators from 1.4ton to 50tons, 4 loading shovels, 6 ADT'S, 2 Drotts, 2 CAT D7 Dozers, 3 artic lowloaders, 2 Rigid lowloaders, 5 Tipper Lorrys, fair size bigger than my previous plant company, most of the machines are either Volvo, Cat, Liebherr, Doosan rather than jcb's which a change from what I'm used to but are still good machines.

Blimey mate, sounds like a hell of an opportunity! Would love to see that yard when everything is home but I guess like many company's it goes from site to site unless a big service is due?

Blimey mate, sounds like a hell of an opportunity! Would love to see that yard when everything is home but I guess like many company's it goes from site to site unless a big service is due?

depends on how much work comes in, bit of a nightmare when there's two long reach jcb's in the yard as they take up quite a lot of space, got one in just now getting serviced and the others on loan to a company in the place across the Scottish border called England... Never heard of the place. Don't think the yard itself would be big enough for all the machines, so most machines will go from site to site depending on how things work out, but some can be on the same site for 1 day or 1 year only to return to the yard for a full service, hopefully ill manage to get out and about operating the machines, aswell as sitting at a desk, but I'll just have to wait and see

just back from ramsgate after going up yesterday to scatter her fathers ashes at pegwell bay, nice 4and a half hr trip up yesterday, today 7 hrs to get back inc 1 hr sat on the m25 not 300m from a big crash, could have only missed it by 1 min or so if that seeing how close we were, no one majorly hurt it seems, but the bloody arses in the highways 4x4's think they are god, the police were first to arrive, and allowed traffic to go on the inside and hard sholder about 20 mins they arrived  , we moved 200m when up the highways guys arrive and shut it again ??? if the police think its ok to let stuff go why cant they, all   they did was stand arround and talk, didnt start to clean up till just before they pushed the 4 cars onto the hard shoulder and opened it again  ,shame really , 2 brand new 13 plate big mercs written off, recon the delivery boys?? or owners were racing as one back ended the other shunting 2 other cars into the rest looking at it the mercs had by far the most damage to them , traffic was very stop start anyway so easy done i guess