What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:38 PM, MadMark said:

Thanks smithy, I feel so useless at the moment all I can do is be there for her, I wouldn't wish this on anyone:'(

Yes mark I now what you mean I have experienced the same feelings with some friends of mine and it all turned out ok in the end   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Trouble is she's trying to push me away at the moment and telling me to find someone else, it's killing me inside but got to stay strong on the outside for her.

Its her way of dealing with it at the moment ,don't walk away but maybe just take a step back at the moment but let her now you are there ,had a similar experience  myself a few weeks back and my head is still a bit screwed up but as each week passes it does get better   

• Like 1

Last couple of days we have been cutting LEEDS Wheat not sure what the bushel weight is as only been told its ok , moisture was between 12%-16% its on some lighter land then the clay we have on the rest of the farm ,yield is just over 3,5tons to the acre which compared to my rape/barley is good for the year ,fingers crossed the other 2 variety's yield the same  

20160807_190059.jpg

20160807_190114.jpg

20160807_193918.jpg

20160807_193929.jpg

20160807_193949.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MadMark said:

Had a message on facebook this morning "it's over find yourself someone else" and she's blocked me, So I have to go through the pain of worrying about her without be able to talk to her.

Sorry about that Mark don't no what else to say on the matter if that is he wish to block you out I am sorry but you will just have to go with it

3 hours ago, MadMark said:

Thanks smithy, she unblocked me yesterday and went for a coffee this morning and spent the afternoon together talking and we're back together, so fingers crossed the test results come back clear.

Things can only get better Mark ,yes got my fingers crossed for you too

As we had a bit of rain overnight I went pressing the ploughed land instead of getting combine greased up it made a nice change instead of listening  for any different noise coming from the combine . Last picture of dashboard not very good was traveling at 4mph and had the area meter switched on have to read the book tomorrow as to how to clear it ready for next field

20160811_192941.jpg

20160811_193014.jpg

20160811_192957.jpg

20160811_211028.jpg

• Like 5

I also put on the 4meter set of pigtail cultivator's that I made a few years ago the centre part of frame was a browns chisel plough to which I put on the hydraulic folding wings. I was only lightly moving the top as I need to try to get the black grass to germinate   

20160815_202618.jpg

20160815_202642.jpg

20160815_202658.jpg

20160815_202728.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

do you sell your straw then smithy, i know we did when we lost the livestock for 2-3 years, and any excess we had  before and after .  used to stack it outside and tarp it till it went 

We sell the barley straw and some of the wheat straw , if the weather is against us we chop the wheat so we don't end up with fields full of wet straw but most years the big baler boys have at least 50% of the wheat ,they pay us by the bale   

every little  helps eh mate , my uncles always thought why waste it ,spent long enough getting it to grow. was always small bales mind, apart for the years where everything was sold, big bales were not overly popular then so if i remember it was all round baled by a contractor ,as you say paid for by the bale . it did seem weird going up there with all the barns empty of straw , although not as weird as the missing pigs 

• Like 1

day off today,so i have removed 3 doors and frames for reuse, moved some more of the light switches and a socket where the new lintel and opening is going, only leaves some minor sparky work to do now. the internal block walls half up, and i have reclaimed some 100 bricks from the outer skin so far with very little effort, few taps on the back of the frog and the mortor falls out, new outer wall will be done with new bricks, but i hate waste so the plan is to reuse these bricks for a new boundry wall planned for next year, ,saves the cost of disposing of them as well . rough estimates allowing for a few breaks is i can near on do the wall with whats there, plus we will have some left from the new stuff. only waste will be the morter then, and the inner thermalite blocks cut out 

• Like 1