What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

doe's she drive alright gav?

Lovely drive Mark, I read several reviews on the truck before I bought it and they said it was gutless but I found the opposite and once you got to 40mph it would take off and sit at 70mph no problems, I reckon it was doing betwen 35 and 40mpg as well so looking good ;D

thats good gav just remember if you have the air condition on you'll loss about 3-4 miles per gallon ;D

yeah, I will do but am more likely to open a window than use the air con most of the time

been into town to pick up the holiday tickets, felt all yuk all day tobe honest, got no energy to do a thing, not even been in the shed today, so i must be of colour

Me too... mind you was 5 hours in slow-moving traffic from Oxford yesterday, and am completely shattered today  :(

Me too... mind you was 5 hours in slow-moving traffic from Oxford yesterday, and am completely shattered today  :(

m4 area?? m25 area, my bro got stuck in that yesterday, took him 8 hrs to get home from suffolk, not a good trip,can normaly do it in 4 and a half hrs no probs

m4 area?? m25 area, my bro got stuck in that yesterday, took him 8 hrs to get home from suffolk, not a good trip,can normaly do it in 4 and a half hrs no probs

From Swindon to just passed Bristol... complete nightmare... only dropped the hire car back 5 minutes before it was due back >:(

Been just down the road today to a local village agric show with the tractor. Won the cup for best tractor which was nice. We did something a little different there this year, tractor balancing, one of the tractor chaps built a tractor seesaw and we all had great fun trying to balance the tractors, the one that done it the best was a local 16 year old girl and just to prove it was not a fluke, she did it twice more, on a grey and gold 4 cyl Fergie, perfect ballance every time. The poor bloke on his S111 Feild Marshall gave up after a dozen attempts, the public thought it was fantastic. Sorry no pics, too wet for the camera but we will be doing it again.

You're very welcome, and I cannot wait to see that Steer in his new home, Sue... will definitely make sure I logon tomorrow then :)

Well hobby room is furnished and tenanted.  Rain held off long enough for Leakey Vale to be moved and is now spread out to its full 22 sq feet.  Some modules need rethinking and one is just a storage bin at the moment and the whole thing now needs sorting, joining and the electric for the building lights connected. 

:o My office is in a turmoil but hopefully I shall have my new desks sometime next week so I am not worrying about it.  ::)

post-1227-132638640193_thumb.jpg

ooh - spare tyres.  Have you got any for a Britains Ford 5000?  I have one that is a wreck (literally - it was found in a box an a friend's attic, has wheels but little else.  I THINK it is a Ford 5000 and it looks nice as a rusted, weed covered wreck awaiting the attention of mechanic, George, from the forge.

ooh - spare tyres.  Have you got any for a Britains Ford 5000?  I have one that is a wreck (literally - it was found in a box an a friend's attic, has wheels but little else.  I THINK it is a Ford 5000 and it looks nice as a rusted, weed covered wreck awaiting the attention of mechanic, George, from the forge.

which size, front or rear? are the rear tyres like the ones fitted to the britains mf 595/ ford 6600 or are they the smaller/thinner ones?

Both rear and fronts are missing.  I shall have to go and get the model and measure the wheels.

Went and got the model - now I realise the front wheels and axle are missing altogether and so is the seat, steering wheel and goodness knows what else.  Rear wheels are 1.1/4 inch diameter, 1/4 inch wide.  Think it is better off as a wreck - still got its coupling intact and working!

what style mudguards do it have? rounded or like the new 5000? if it's got rounded mudguards then it will be the tyres on the right, if it's like the new 5000 then it could be both types and you can see I have a front axel (ford and massey in picture ) seat, steering wheel (complete with the rod to the bottom of the tractor) and the linkage bit that jions the axel to the steering wheel but not the bit that joins the axel to the tractor. front wheels not got white ones but do have them  in yellow or grey (a bit of white paint then you have ford wheels)

post-978-132638640273_thumb.jpg