What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Later that week i filled in trench and scraped the hole area and got another load of dirt away and left it like this for the moment as it is all going to settle down ,plan is to lay a liner down and cover it over with stones like it originally was ,The couple that live there did say at the end of it they did not realise how big of job it was and wished they had gone with company that quoted to do the hole job in a week ,back in October 2021. And if Lamma had been on i would not have been there to backfill and if i had left them the digger i am sure they would have tipped it in the hole    

20220113_113850.jpg

20220113_113919.jpg

• Like 4

Sometimes folk think a job is easy Smithy... How hard can it be it's just a hole or just a few barrows of concrete.... Or just a few bolts... Sometimes little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Good job your there to try and keep job right at least 

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 3

Well after 2 and half years keeping all family safe from the covid we ended up getting it but we all very good mot sick so first time out in 10 days down to feed the cattle 

IE had my uncle do it when we all were at home.  . 

Happy get out house for a bit . 

20220122_142116.jpg

20220122_142125.jpg

20220122_142450.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Sometimes folk think a job is easy Smithy... How hard can it be it's just a hole or just a few barrows of concrete.... Or just a few bolts... Sometimes little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Good job your there to try and keep job right at least 

They was not expecting the clay/dirt that come out of the hole to take up as much room as it did ,and they was hoping to put it all back in ,they had not allowed for the 10 ton off sand that went around the tank and pipe and the volume that the tank takes up and in the bottom there is a pre-cast concrete base that the tank installers lowed into the hole for the tank to sit on ,thats why i had to arrange for 3 loads of very wet/heavy sticky clay/dirt to be taken away ,yes a little knowledge is dangerous 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Thanks for sharing your photos Smithy, looks good weather for the job. Hope you had a good day looking about 

No problem Paul ,cant believe the dry spell we have had last couple of weeks it was nice walking around on dry land some years down there its like dancing on ice but with mud .Was a very good day out  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jmd said:

Good pictures and video's of some cracking tractors there smithy thanks for showing . Hope you had a good day out

As soon as i saw the does i thought of you John 😄. Yes it was a very good day out better than being stuck indoors 

• Like 2

Just before Christmas 2021 this old sodium light unit up in barn roof went bang and gave of a burning smell so turned switch of pretty quickly ,anyway only now got around to sorting it out ,granddaughter in JCB and cage on front she lifted me up to get light down . Old light next to the new replacement LED , the difference in size and weight is unbelievable, i really needed 3 hands to lift and unhook old one and new one i only needed two fingers  

20220130_111713.jpg

20220130_111720.jpg

20220130_113142.jpg

• Like 4