Massey 6180 plus Krone Variopack Baler

gogreengelb

That is one tidy well formed bale!

What's the point of double axles? Is it heavier than a normal bailer?

Its another European thing with Krone, Vicon and other machines offer tandem axles for round balers - I find most farmers in this country won't pay for them as they say they don't need them and they are expensive!

The main reason is they are legally rated to 60Kph whereas most machines are 40 or 50kph - thats why we sell a lot of tadems in Germany for example - most tandem axles are fitted with air brakes to meet the 60kph regulations but can have hyd.

They also give excellent comfort on the roads and fields as they eliminate the bumps as they contour. One reason a lot of Big balers have gone this way.

Its another European thing with Krone, Vicon and other machines offer tandem axles for round balers - I find most farmers in this country won't pay for them as they say they don't need them and they are expensive!

The main reason is they are legally rated to 60Kph whereas most machines are 40 or 50kph - thats why we sell a lot of tadems in Germany for example - most tandem axles are fitted with air brakes to meet the 60kph regulations but can have hyd.

They also give excellent comfort on the roads and fields as they eliminate the bumps as they contour. One reason a lot of Big balers have gone this way.

Another day, another bit of knowledge!!

Cheers for that GT

Sorry GROMMIT.Yes I have lived and worked here in Germany for the last 12 years,I like the countryside here where I live, just Farm after  Farm and Tractors galore,but I miss the Fens around the Wash on the east coast of England where I came from. Oh that breeze Ican still smell it

Sorry GROMMIT.Yes I have lived and worked here in Germany for the last 12 years,I like the countryside here where I live, just Farm after  Farm and Tractors galore,but I miss the Fens around the Wash on the east coast of England where I came from. Oh that breeze Ican still smell it

so can i :D :D, best close the window or Marky will sneak in and steal my masseys ::)

what do you prefer then, there or the fens ??? ???

so can i :D :D, best close the window or Marky will sneak in and steal my masseys ::)

what do you prefer then, there or the fens ??? ???

Too late Homles... I've been in and out and you havn't even noticed... and put some clothes on PLEASE  ::)

That reminds me... I must take some button mushrooms home for tea  :D