Hints and Tips

Andy

Do not read the instructions as you go along...read them in their entirity first.

Sometimes doing a stage out of step can work out easier, especially if the main casting likes to roll over, damaging fine parts, adding a part from a later stage might prevent this, but consider how it may affect the fitment of other parts

• 1 month later...

Useful tip there, when I write the instructions it may be weeks after I build the first one & not necessarily the way I built it as I may have thought about a better way.

There are those that build it how they they think it goes & then find they have a problem & get discouraged.Don't worry though I'm always willing to help.

However the regular builders find that there are sometimes better ways of building them than my suggested method & that's all well & good if you're pleased with the result.

I tend now to suggest building assemblies rather than keep adding bits to the main unit, this gives time for the glue to set but it does make the worded instructions seem more complicated as I jump from one bit to another! Customers tell me though that the photos of the sub-assemblies helps greatly if the text is not fully understood.

In all instances the feedback I get is that my instructions are an improvement over my predecessors where one was just told stick parts number 7,8,9,10 etc whereas I will usually describe what each part is in real life & at what angle etc each part should be set at if appropriate. I trust this may be of use. Shame to hear about AIRFIX going down.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

HI Nigel

ive been painting and spray painting models for a few years now but im never realy satisfied with the final result ...

im thinking of starting a scaledown model i bought

but i was just wondering how to get the best finnish

would you ever use spray or just paint also i dont know much about wet and dry and how to use it properly

this would also come in usefull for any other scratchbuilds or conversions as ive spent so long getting the dimentions right and the models deserve the best finnish going

so any tipp would be geatfully recived

cheers nigel