Claas SP Forage harvester lineage

Question to keep you busy ;D What models (from the first ever built) preceded the most recent harvester, in order?

Good one. I've wondered that myself. ???

While your at it, when did JD and NH first start selling them in the UK as I have no re-collection of ever seeing one Claas included before the Jaguar 675?

The JD 5400 was the first in 75/6  200 hp thereabouts, straight six, superceded by the 5460 in 77, 215 hp. We had both of these do our silageing in 76 & 78 respectively with the Jag 80 in '77 (before it blew up a week or so later).

Early NHs were the 1770  1880  Red/yellow(Cat V8 power in the latter-my cousin had a few 'til mid '90s) ,1895 then on to the 1900 -all yellow, 2100 etc before the FXs started. Again my literature is not to hand at present. I guess the american book HISTORY OF FORD/New Holland will be a good guide?

The JD 5400 was the first in 75/6  200 hp thereabouts, straight six, superceded by the 5460 in 77, 215 hp. We had both of these do our silageing in 76 & 78 respectively with the Jag 80 in '77 (before it blew up a week or so later).

Early NHs were the 1770  1880  Red/yellow(Cat V8 power in the latter-my cousin had a few 'til mid '90s) ,1895 then on to the 1900 -all yellow, 2100 etc before the FXs started. Again my literature is not to hand at present. I guess the american book HISTORY OF FORD/New Holland will be a good guide?

' forgot to add there was a JD5420  (about 150hp)launched alongside the 5460, a local farmer had one for a couple of years before he bought the 5460 off our contractor when he sold it due to divorce pay out.  I seem to think these were superceded by the 58 series (10, 20 & 40 ?)  Another contracting cousin of mine ran a 5820  with a 4m pickup gathering 2, 8' swathes without rowing up to avoid the problems of soil contamination,+ the extra tackle/problems that that operation entails, but the mower couldn't keep far enough ahead, despite the time consuming header on & offs when moving fields with the forager & the poor contour following of the wide pick-up left customers unhappy with grass left in the field.

This was also before metal detection was good on foragers & rowing up machines were not only culprits of shedding bits but also of gathering them from the stubble!.

Had a Jaguar brochure in the post today and its got some nice photos of previous Claas SP's...

First was the SF range, which I think consisted of three models, the 60SF, 70SF and 80SF.  Then came the Jaguars (in 1983 or thereabouts) with the same cabs as the Dominator combines - I can think of there being a 690 and a 695, though I think there might have been a 682 as well?

Then the 800 series was launched in 1993, and then as listed in the previous posting.

There were also trailed Jaguars, there was a 51, a 62 and a 75, and the other day I saw a Jaguar 85.

Have a wade through this site:

http://www.autocd.com/index.html?q=10&gc=72&sha=0

Lots of Claas types listed but no dates unfortunately.

Joe