Hall Farm wheat harvest 06

Gav836

Finally managed to get the last of our wheat finished in the past 2 days, took some pictures yesterday as we hit it hard with 2 Lexion 460's with 25 foot beds and a demonstrater CR980 with a 30 foot bed, the result was 200 acres mopped up in 7 fields in one day ;D

1. All 3 combines together

2. Our 460 emptying out

post-334-132638540087_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638540104_thumb.jpg

Brilliant pics Gav......That 2nd pic is spot on mate...... :);) ;)

Cheers Martin, as we were all swapping round on the machines yesterday i had a couple of ours talking to the sales rep on the headland which gave me a chance to get some pictures for once, pleased with them :)

Looks like your wheat had taken a fair battering from the wheather 

Yeah it really did on that farm, the lighter land wouldn't hold it so well, only cut 3 bits there that were mostly standing, the rest were awful with shot bits and kept blocking the knife :-\

nice pics G, will you miss the harvest or will you be able to do it again with the new job :-\

I'll miss it to a point but i sure as hell won't miss all the muck and dust that comes with it. The new job doesn't involve much arable work other than baling and muck spreading so it will be ok :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to get the last of our wheat finished in the past 2 days, took some pictures yesterday as we hit it hard with 2 Lexion 460's with 25 foot beds and a demonstrater CR980 with a 30 foot bed, the result was 200 acres mopped up in 7 fields in one day ;D

1. All 3 combines together

2. Our 460 emptying out

two good makes in that last pic gav  ;):):D

Didn't tris do that for matchbox cars once  ???

No you monkey.

It was the Hotwheels loop to loop set!!!  ;):D

Great photo's Gav, some dust coming off of the wheat after a few showers and some more hot weather. Not bad cutting either over 7 fields, were they interlinked or was that headers off everytime? Your trailer boys kept up ok then?

There was more dust than ever coming off the wheat. The 2 460's could get between the fields ok but the CR had to take the header off everytime. The trailer boys didn't hold us up too much as we had four of them on the go ;):)