Ford 4610 2 or 3 furrow plough??

nashmach

Will a Ford 4610 pull a 2 or 3 furrow plough??  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Will a Ford 4610 pull a 2 or 3 furrow plough??

• 2 furrow
    • 3 furrow
    • None its a Ford
    • Either if its got injector pipes

To finally settle an arguement with my father - we'll see what ye guys think.  :D

We have a Kverneland 14' 3 furrow plough that we have been using as a 2 furrow plough for the last few years now do you think that a 2wd Ford 4610 64hp with wide 16' tyres on the back will handle it with 3 furrows??  ???

yes years ago the old chap had a 5000 that used to pull a 4 furrow simi mounted lemkan ,mind you the plough steered the tractor

As long as she pulls it in 5th gear I don't mind or 4th as there is not much difference between the 2  ;)

Are we talking reversible plough or conventional

Our old 4600 used to pull a 3 furrow ransome conv plough in some pretty tough conditions to about 5 inches but on the lighter ground it had no problem. If it is a reversible plough you would be in danger of buggering up the tractor as it would need too much weight on the front end to keep it down but it would still pull it

Are we talking reversible plough or conventional

Our old 4600 used to pull a 3 furrow ransome conv plough in some pretty tough conditions to about 5 inches but on the lighter ground it had no problem. If it is a reversible plough you would be in danger of buggering up the tractor as it would need too much weight on the front end to keep it down but it would still pull it

Oops meant to say it was a conventional and its the lighter round framed one ;)

Use a Kvernland model A 12" 3 furrow conventional with discs and breakbacks on a 4610 4WD on medium land at 6" deep.  A reversible would be a problem due to lift capacity and stabilty.

David

Do you do match ploughing by any chance :-\

I used both our 4000 & 4600 ( pre Q cab) at times on my converted Ransomes TS83A which I packed out to 15 &1/4" furrows and moved the middle & front furrows 5" & 10" forward respectively, for greater inter-body clearance. This is a 3f reversible,UCN bodies, & with the discs removed from the early 70's only weighed around 8cwt so no problem lifting her, though front weights needed a-plenty on getting back up the banks. 16.9x30 Kleber & Michelin radials on the tractors.Main problem was lack of ground clearance for the manual turnover of the plough!

seen a DB 1390 & MF 565 both 2wd handle a 3 f rev before so i dont see why a 4610 couldn't do it , but as said above , you got to have the right ammount of weights & soil conditions , seriously think you'd be pushing yer luck with no weights & heavy clay though  :-\

Well... you can guess which one I picked... was that one put there especially for me  :D :D :D

Specially for you Marky :D :D

Seriosly though the clay is not that heavy so it should be no bother to her and the loader is usually on her too so plenty of front end weight - she has no bother lifting it anyway sure even the 3600 is able to lift it if you want to do wheelies :D :D :D