Conversion artists - we need you!

ihatepoundland

mmm fast trac chassis,3680 bonnet.repaint the cab,or add ros 3050 cab and extra lower rear part.add 135 rear mudguards,might be possible,will see when i get back of me holiday,what modle number is it,never new the great fergy did anything even remotly close to a fast trac type tractor

who ever it was must have been on the wacy backy or way to much to drink to think that one up,might give it a go,i didn't see the bonnet sticker first of so it ain't quite the same doing a one off on a un-made tractor if you know what i mean,see what bits i have spare 

There was a Renault prototype similar to this back in the 80's ( not sure of the date) somewhere I have a cutting of it featured in Farming News, the now extinct weekly free paper. I wondered what happened to it,  could  someone have re-clothed it? Or is it a Kramer 4wd 4ws in disguise? (see Warnes Transport Library - Farm tractors).

ihp found this pic to if it helps,must be a finished version as it has several differences to the first pic,think i will go for this version

one thing does have me wondering,if massey did make this i wonder why we never saw it,it was way before the fast trac concept,they could have made a killing,and the jcb might not have been round,

I think MF never made this, I think it is all by that company I posted the web address for, I think it was designed as a forestry tractor, the MF parts were just used as a skid unit as it were, similar to the Muirhill/brays of their time - well thats my opinion, hopefully someone who can read that web page can correct me

But it will be good fun to have one, and at least this pic shows that we don't need 135 mudguards, but just wondering, how do you plan on removing the fuel tanks etc from the fastrac?

got a chassis stripped and ready,not sure about the fule tank option at the moment,i might go for two chopped so as to get the crab steer like the second pic,so could maybe loose the tank in the process,still pondering ther best option,probally won't get done for a few weeks due to commitments but will keep tinkering when i get the chance

I have a white metal ladder chassis which I use for my MB Trac foward control sprayer,this has mounts for joal axles and I also have stubs to attach britains wheels.If your interested I can supply you these parts I think this would be a good place to start your project as it is a bare chassis.Let me know and i'll email you pictures.

i havn't had a chance to measure up yet ihp,let alone start,but will soon hopefully ,but those measurements can't be far of,i'll take note of them and have a look tommorrow,as for the bonnet i think i'll go for the 3680 one,although you could use either really looking at the pics as they have