John Deere 2650?

NewHolland2

the 26 is the equivilent to the 6200 approx in power mart in the 80-90 hp bracket , cabs not as good as the SG2 but it's a good cab none the less,good tractor for a start up , friend has a 2650 with SG2 cab with a trima loader & reckons it's a damn good tool very easy to drive & very manuverable in small yards , they pull their 8tonners no probs & if they have to the 10 tonner doesn't create too many problems either.  :)

worth looking at ;)

the 2650 i thought was the same horse power as the 2040. the 62 was the same size as the 2850 which was about 85 horse as the 3050 was 95 to 100 and the 33 was a 110 to 115. martin which dealer is selling that i think that it would be a bit small for what your wanting a tractor for have carted tatties for a couple of days with one and it struggled a bit on the hills with six boxes full.

we worked 2650s and even my brand new 2850  on the odd occasion doing  potatoes

BUT it was a newish tractor then not even 4 months old  pulled a ken wootten trailer

which i think were 10 tonners then

things have changed  in recent years...... tralers are bigger & 26/2850s are allot older

like that famous phrase in "jaws"

if your talking about lugging tatties etc "your gonna need a bigger boattractor

your going to be working it in the ground doing genral tasks like spud pulling etc

but we never had perfect harvesting conditions  at pradoe we had allot of wet harvests

whats the biggest distance you will be lugging from aswell 

dosent law restrict tractor drivers until there a certain age  about driving a fully laden tractor

and trailer

good luck with your search mart 

beleave it or not a 3050 might be cheaper than some 26/2850s with SG2 cabs

Thanks for the info lads, again maybe a bit small for my needs but a handy loader tractor by the sounds of things......

the 2650 i thought was the same horse power as the 2040. the 62 was the same size as the 2850 which was about 85 horse as the 3050 was 95 to 100 and the 33 was a 110 to 115. martin which dealer is selling that i think that it would be a bit small for what your wanting a tractor for have carted tatties for a couple of days with one and it struggled a bit on the hills with six boxes full.

It's HRN Tractors that are selling in Peter......I suppose around the 100-120hp would be better for carting boxes eh...... ???:)

we worked 2650s and even my brand new 2850  on the odd occasion doing  potatoes

BUT it was a newish tractor then not even 4 months old  pulled a ken wootten trailer

which i think were 10 tonners then

things have changed  in recent years...... tralers are bigger & 26/2850s are allot older

like that famous phrase in "jaws"

if your talking about lugging tatties etc "your gonna need a bigger boattractor

your going to be working it in the ground doing genral tasks like spud pulling etc

but we never had perfect harvesting conditions  at pradoe we had allot of wet harvests

whats the biggest distance you will be lugging from aswell 

dosent law restrict tractor drivers until there a certain age  about driving a fully laden tractor

and trailer

good luck with your search mart 

beleave it or not a 3050 might be cheaper than some 26/2850s with SG2 cabs

The tractor has to be under a certain width and has to be towing a certain type of trailer (can't remember off the top of my head but I think the tractor can't be over 2.45m wide)......

Not sure how far I'd be lugging trailers all depends on who may hire me, but I've opened up another possible Summer job and odd job oportunity recently as well, but more on that later......

Cheers Nigel...... :)

the 26 is the equivilent to the 6200 approx in power mart in the 80-90 hp bracket , cabs not as good as the SG2 but it's a good cab none the less,good tractor for a start up , friend has a 2650 with SG2 cab with a trima loader & reckons it's a damn good tool very easy to drive & very manuverable in small yards , they pull their 8tonners no probs & if they have to the 10 tonner doesn't create too many problems either.  :)

worth looking at ;)

Thanks Marcus......She does seem to be a fairly nice example, has a PUH too by the looks of the rear pic I saw......Might be a bitty small hp wise again though...... :-\ :) :)

just a bit of advice, go and travell do a grain harvest on a large estate, dig spuds with a big contractor and head down under, then u'll have more money and experiance behind you, thats what im planning to do  ;)

i guess it might be worth looking at mart, especially with the loader but may be a bit under powered,prob is for the dosh you want to spen there wont be to many good nick big hp tractors round, unless theres something wrong with them, there a renault 120-54 on page 44 of ct this month limited edition 3 spool 5500 hrs, but possible eletrical fault hence 5400 quids, may be the way to go if you know a good sparky, other wise the choice may be a bit limited to the smaller 4wd tractors like this as a first time buy

just a bit of advice, go and travell do a grain harvest on a large estate, dig spuds with a big contractor and head down under, then u'll have more money and experiance behind you, thats what im planning to do  ;)

Cheers mate......May consider it after leaving school...... :)

i guess it might be worth looking at mart, especially with the loader but may be a bit under powered,prob is for the dosh you want to spen there wont be to many good nick big hp tractors round, unless theres something wrong with them, there a renault 120-54 on page 44 of ct this month limited edition 3 spool 5500 hrs, but possible eletrical fault hence 5400 quids, may be the way to go if you know a good sparky, other wise the choice may be a bit limited to the smaller 4wd tractors like this as a first time buy

I know what you mean Sean, having said that Massey 3630's seem to be around the 4.5k to 5k mark so I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled...... :);)

that looks like hrn tractors at insch, they have usually got quite a large stock of machinery, they probably would have quite a few larger models sitting about.

I might have to give them a call sometime......See if they have any older large hp Masseys...... :);) ;)

What about this little baby Mart? Not sure if it's in your price range at ?9,250 :-\ before discount but I've seen it and it does look smart and has low hours. It's a 1990, Fiat 80-90 with 3889 hrs on the clock and comes with a nice Bomford 3517 loader :) :)

martin there will be something out there for you just dont buy the first thing thats cheap as you may run into problems. don't put yourself in debt to get a newer tractor as it is hard to get work for good money these days as everybody is at it.

Thanks Peter...... :)

I'm exploring a few options in terms of makes and also hp sizes just now but as you say it's not very sensible to go off and buy the first available tractor that looks good for the money......

The older Massey 3600 Series seems best value so far in terms of hp size for the money...... :)

ye i agree and i aint a fergie fan. you never know by the time xmas comes you might have a beast.

......Would be good mate, ye might get to be the first FTF member to see it too if you hae time to pop in...... :)

theres laods arround mart, afterall, they havnt fallen it that classic catogory yet,so prices are still sensible

I can just imagine me in a Massey now...... :D;)

Are there many 3600 Series models around you Sean?

there were loads of 3000series tractors round my way mart , till gliddons cut back on the workshops & the deere dealers started pushing the 6series hard with can't refuse deals . many of the fergie users have either gone fendt,deere or valmet/valtra,but there are still a few die hard ford /NH users about here,the valtra dealer is now McCormick so they're having a big impact in the area at the moment , the yard is only 5min walk from my house & is full of new tractors 

That Fiat looks immaculate and if the 110-90's are anything to go by it would be super reliable  ;)

My Dad's friend has one of those with a Supercomfort cab and he's fairly rough on stuff so if it's lasted him with no trouble it should last anyone  :D :D

That Fiat looks immaculate and if the 110-90's are anything to go by it would be super reliable  ;)

My Dad's friend has one of those with a Supercomfort cab and he's fairly rough on stuff so if it's lasted him with no trouble it should last anyone  :D :D

i tkae it you have read the bit in ct mag about the irish fiats mart, that guy highly recomends the fiats he has, to the extent hes restoring all of them so he can keep them,

when you get decs issue mate you will see what i mean, he has one fiat 100-90 that he tinks is well past 15000 hrs now with no major parts at all, just services,and thats on custom tracks to,the clock stopped at 9500 hrs and another at a belived dam impressive 25000 hrs a fiat 780

yu hear about tractors with bombproof this & that , but it seams fiat as a whole tractor is bombproof, bit like the deutz , not many people have them , but those who have very rarely get rid of them

think their body panels are a bit suspect but other than that not really heard a bad word against them

think CT did a buyers guide on one late 2005 early 2006 got a good review