At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

There's a few English peeps on here could do with some too....... :D :D :D

I can think of one not too far away from me, not heard from him lately but been no reports of explosions or fires on the news so he must be ok  ::) ::):D :D :D :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway......Busy again today......Been carting my straing posts away from the farm with the 3095 (pic to follow Later)......Was originally using the Merlo but it developed a terrible oil leak emitting from various places on the under carriage so had to get it back home ASAP......

The poor Massey 525 isn't very happy either as it doesn't want to start so will have to tow it out of the field with the 3095 so we can crack on with the ploughing......

Another calf successfully born today, was up and sooking from its mother within an hour...... :)

Got to muck out some of the smaller pens soon too, will hopefully get started on that tomorrow as well as getting rid of the last huge post which the boss took the saw to earlier today......

Might be getting another new toy soon too......The boss is trading in his Navara pick-up but not sure what he's getting yet...... :P;) ;)

i've just picked up this thread and you seem to be doing quite well on the Farm.

I started by milking Dairy cows when i was about 13/14 (25 now) loved it, got to know most of the cows, though i was always more interested in the machinery, slowly but surely i got to master each one. The farmer i worked for had Fiats. Started off in the 88-94 and was the newest tractor on the farm. Allways wanted to drive the BIGGER 180-90 fiat and one day out of the blue i got asked to spread slurry using it and a 1500 Gallon Star tanker with sluddigator. Can remember it to this day.

To cut a long story short, the farmer is building you up to the bigger machinery. Its a lot of responsibility!!! Believe me i have got myself into some very sticky situations and its beacuse of my experience i managed to get myself out of them.

Unfortunately im no longer working on the farm as the farmer in question sold up, but i do help him out in the summer when hes bailing etc for horsie people ha ha!

Best job i ever had!!! Enjoy it while it lasts!!!!!!

Noel

Cheers Noel...... :)

Always good to hear of success stories from the farm...... :)

I'm really enjoying myself and what's best is I'm getting paid to do something that I enjoy rather than stacking shelves in Tesco......  :D

And it's all good experience which will all help as I (hopefully) progress in the world of agriculture...... ;)

Cheers Noel...... :)

Always good to hear of success stories from the farm...... :)

I'm really enjoying myself and what's best is I'm getting paid to do something that I enjoy rather than stacking shelves in Tesco......  :D

And it's all good experience which will all help as I (hopefully) progress in the world of agriculture...... ;)

Steady Martin you'll ruffle Pingu's feathers  ::):D :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D

Nice beast there Martin even though it is red  ::)

Looks like a solid tractor!

Yeah, she's not doing bad for an M Reg......Can be a bit temperamental at times but she's usually reliable...... :)

I think she's a good old girl and I'm clocking up a few hours in the seat now so all's good...... :) :) ;)

Boss was spreading fertiliser on the recently sown Barley today with the Massey 6475 and KRM mounted spreader while I was on loading duties with the Merlo......

Also started to put NPK on the silage grass......

While waiting for him to return between trips I kept myself busy with feeding the cattle and other odd jobs around the yard......Got mucking out to do tomorrow I think as well so had to move the old Massey 50HX out of the road so I could get the shed doors open...... :D;) ;) ;)

post-32-13263857927_thumb.jpg

post-32-132638579274_thumb.jpg

No pics of the 525 Mart :'( :'( :'(

Looks like you have been busy keep up the pics mate ;)

She's actually out the front of the farm awaiting a good grease down before going into storage until harvest mate but completely forgot about pics......

Quite a write-up to come from today later......Lets just say it wasn't a great Monday for any of the four workers today...... :-\ :'( :'( :'(

She's actually out the front of the farm awaiting a good grease down before going into storage until harvest mate but completely forgot about pics......

Quite a write-up to come from today later......Lets just say it wasn't a great Monday for any of the four workers today...... :-\ :'( :'( :'(

Oh dar sounds bad Mart - tell the boss to get a few Fords and NH's in  :D :D ;)

Well yesterday was a bit of a disaster from start to finish. Started at 8 fed all thw cows while another lad took the 3095 up the Dual Carriageway with a trailer load of barley seed to the filed about to get sown......On the way there the 3095 packed up...... :-\

Came back to the farm and picked up ther Merlo telehandler which by the end of the day was acting up......

The old CAT forklift had to be jump started three times during the course of the day so in the end we just left it running till we finished...... :D

Meanwhile I was digging a drainage ditch with our JCB mini excavator which (while I was trying to avoid doing so) slid into the hole I'd just dug thanks to subsidance and the fact I could see b***er all thanks to the amount of water flowing......We eventually rescued the old girl with the Merlo with no lasting damage apart from slightly wet electrics...... :-\

Meanwhile the boss had to tow the John Deere with Amazone seeder up to the top part of the hill in the barley field with the Massey 6475 Dyna-6 as the John Deere didn't have enough front weight to get up the hill...... :-\

Plus the other young lad got a row from one of the lorry drivers hauling carrots as we were trying to get past him as he was blocking the track owned by our boss but he wouldn't move...... >:( Not a Huntapac lorry I would like to stress...... ;)

On that note I shall leave you with the sight of my digger after sitting in the hole and gradually sinking during the course of the day......

post-32-132638580345_thumb.jpg

Well yesterday was a bit of a disaster from start to finish. Started at 8 fed all thw cows while another lad took the 3095 up the Dual Carriageway with a trailer load of barley seed to the filed about to get sown......On the way there the 3095 packed up...... :-\

Came back to the farm and picked up ther Merlo telehandler which by the end of the day was acting up......

The old CAT forklift had to be jump started three times during the course of the day so in the end we just left it running till we finished...... :D

Meanwhile I was digging a drainage ditch with our JCB mini excavator which (while I was trying to avoid doing so) slid into the hole I'd just dug thanks to subsidance and the fact I could see b***er all thanks to the amount of water flowing......We eventually rescued the old girl with the Merlo with no lasting damage apart from slightly wet electrics...... :-\

Meanwhile the boss had to tow the John Deere with Amazone seeder up to the top part of the hill in the barley field with the Massey 6475 Dyna-6 as the John Deere didn't have enough front weight to get up the hill...... :-\

Plus the other young lad got a row from one of the lorry drivers hauling carrots as we were trying to get past him as he was blocking the track owned by our boss but he wouldn't move...... >:( Not a Huntapac lorry I would like to stress...... ;)

On that note I shall leave you with the sight of my digger after sitting in the hole and gradually sinking during the course of the day......

We all have days like that Mart :-[

You digging water or clay or did you burst a pipe with the JCB :D :D