At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

I've had it lift up at the rear end due to the weight of dung on the front.....If they haven't been mucked for a while I tend to find I have to take it off in layers rather than just scraping straight along the floor and lifting it all, in order to prevent it lifting at the rear as it is quite a light-weight machine..... :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had it lift up at the rear end due to the weight of dung on the front.....If they haven't been mucked for a while I tend to find I have to take it off in layers rather than just scraping straight along the floor and lifting it all, in order to prevent it lifting at the rear as it is quite a light-weight machine..... :)

Have you got a grab on her then? :-\

thats like the new bobcats then all off the levers  :-\ our bobcat ( its quite  old  ;) ) it has foot pedals and foward reverse on the sticks good machines but you have got to be careful with moving quicky as you can put it on two wheels very easly ,well thats what i found anyway  ::) have you had it on two wheels yet ,you only have to tap ours and its up  :-\

Take that to your advantage, pop some serious wheelies, let it drive along with the ass scraping the floor, or tip it fowards on to the bucket so it sits there...

Ah college last year  ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Now you're all used to seeing pics of our machinery but I don't think you've ever been treated to any pics of our four legged friends that we do all the work for...... :D;)

Anyway we're about half way there in the process of getting all our cattle in from the fields which they graze on over the Summer and back to the farm and into the court for Winter......

We are however still putting them out in the field in front of the farm during the day and running them back indoors at night......

So here's some of our Aberdeen Angus cattle...... ;) ;)

post-32-132638668949_thumb.jpg

Angus's are looking well Mart!

Thanks Luke...... :)

still out on the grass martin thought you would be moving them inside shortly for the winter.

Aye they're only outside during the day now Peter, we're running them inside again at night......Still a few left up outside Forfar which we're brining in over the next week and then they'll all be home for the Winter......We're hoping to keep them outside during the day up until the end of the month at least...... :)

its a lot of work bringing them in and out. we have brought most of our grass fields back to the main farm. we have gates all over the place that you can open and shut so the make runs back to the courts. it is handy when you are on your own.

Aye yer right there Peter......We've got the gates up all around for running the ones in the front field in and out of the court during the day...... :)

The good thing is once they're up the back of Forfar they're there for the best part of the Summer and up until the weather breaks around now......Just takes a wee bit of time to transport them around...... ;)

Lovely to see these Black beauties and the sirloin steaks off them taste just great. I was at a Border Fine Arts sale at Thainstone Inverurie at the back end of the year a few years ago and there was a show of Aberdeen Angus cattle that day too. Can't recall what they called the show but it was a lovely site seeing these beauties being paraded round the ring.

Lovely to see these Black beauties and the sirloin steaks off them taste just great. I was at a Border Fine Arts sale at Thainstone Inverurie at the back end of the year a few years ago and there was a show of Aberdeen Angus cattle that day too. Can't recall what they called the show but it was a lovely site seeing these beauties being paraded round the ring.

They're certainly bonny beasts Bill......We don't show any beasts at the minute but we plan to start showing some as we cut down the stock numbers...... :)

Nice bunch of stock - grass seems plentiful this backend with good growth throughout October ;)

Indeed mate......This field hasn't been touched since a second cut of silage about two months back with the stock just going on it now so it's had time to regrow but it's certainly still pretty lush...... :)

They're certainly bonny beasts Bill......We don't show any beasts at the minute but we plan to start showing some as we cut down the stock numbers...... :)

Indeed mate......This field hasn't been touched since a second cut of silage about two months back with the stock just going on it now so it's had time to regrow but it's certainly still pretty lush...... :)

Martin, I was looking at Satudays P&J last night to see what auctions were on this weekend and the show I was speaking about "Black Beauty Extravaganza" run by the Aberdeen Angus cattle Society was due to take place this weekend but has been postponed until sometime in February due to the dreaded foot and mouth restrictions. I may well go along to that if I free that Saturday since it was a nice sight to see last time.

Martin, I was looking at Satudays P&J last night to see what auctions were on this weekend and the show I was speaking about "Black Beauty Extravaganza" run by the Aberdeen Angus cattle Society was due to take place this weekend but has been postponed until sometime in February due to the dreaded foot and mouth restrictions. I may well go along to that if I free that Saturday since it was a nice sight to see last time.

That's interesting Bill......Where is it usually held mate? May well mention it to the boss nearer February then, as he may be interested in attending...... :) :)

Nice pictures mart.Your in a nice spot.

Thanks Ol...... :)

Nice cattle Mart. Are they sold to anyone in particular? Down here the AA thing is quite a brand and a local butcher has regular farmers to supply him.  :)

Thanks John......All the cattle which are sold for beef go to APB's in Perth as far as I know ...... ;)