At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shes a dinky little thing aint she mart, but i bet shes good for all the small barns ect eh

Absolutely great machine Sean......We use the Merlo telehandler to muck out as much as we can and then I go in with our "Doodle Bug" as we call it and get right around all the edges...... :)

I was using it today to empty a trailer load of bedding bales and it can handle that easily too......A heck of a lot easier compared to trying to do it with the 3095 like last weekend...... ;)

Haven't tried it with carrying silage yet but I think it might be too heavy for it as it one of the smaller models...... ;)

Absolutely great machine Sean......We use the Merlo telehandler to muck out as much as we can and then I go in with our "Doodle Bug" as we call it and get right around all the edges...... :)

I was using it today to empty a trailer load of bedding bales and it can handle that easily too......A heck of a lot easier compared to trying to do it with the 3095 like last weekend...... ;)

Haven't tried it with carrying silage yet but I think it might be too heavy for it as it one of the smaller models...... ;)

i have seen one with a silage grab on front before mart, you would be surprised what they can take weight wise

i have seen one with a silage grab on front before mart, you would be surprised what they can take weight wise

Interesting Sean......Might try it next weekend...... :) :) ;)

we'v got a bobcat about the same size as that ,but its a bobcat 453 ,but we dont use it much on the farm we us the bigger 843 much wider and heavier but the little one is good 4 cleaning pens because there is little hanging over the back than the 843 :) :) ;)

Handy little machines aren't they...... :) :) ;)

just add a bit each time till you find the max it can lift mart, although i recon it could take a load easy enough, have seen them on building sites with pallets of bricks on ect before so sialge should be ok

Most of our silage is in bales so might not manage one of those but it may well manage a fair bit of our loose stuff...... :) :) ;)

Smart tool mart we could do with one of those, just for a laugh if nowt else :D I'm pretty sure it could handle a bale of silage, ours have a high DM content this year and only weigh 300-400kg if that :-\ :-\

very handy machines  :)

theres a farmer down pembroke way that uses a tracked bobcat on a buckrake and does all his silage with it ,the bobcat is the only loader he has got

Doesn't he have problems with the grass getting under the tracks, idlers etc and them coming off ??? ???

Those Bobcat/skid steer loaders are handy machines, i was told that Gunthers where i work used to use them in the turkey sheds to push all of the muck into the central gangways before they had the Weidemann loaders, the old MF Industrial tractor/loaders couldn't get into the edges. If the skid steer is anything like our little Weidemanns, it'll lift a lot as the Weidemann will lift over a ton easily, also great fun to drive ;D

post-334-132638556456_thumb.jpg

Smart tool mart we could do with one of those, just for a laugh if nowt else :D I'm pretty sure it could handle a bale of silage, ours have a high DM content this year and only weigh 300-400kg if that :-\ :-\

Doesn't he have problems with the grass getting under the tracks, idlers etc and them coming off ??? ???

i dont know him that well but from what i now he has still got it so i dont think he has any trouble otherwise he would have got somthing else ,

like a telehandler  :)

Those Bobcat/skid steer loaders are handy machines, i was told that Gunthers where i work used to use them in the turkey sheds to push all of the muck into the central gangways before they had the Weidemann loaders, the old MF Industrial tractor/loaders couldn't get into the edges. If the skid steer is anything like our little Weidemanns, it'll lift a lot as the Weidemann will lift over a ton easily, also great fun to drive ;D

Were they 50B Backhoes or something similar Gav?  :) :) ;)

Were they 50B Backhoes or something similar Gav?  :) :) ;)

I think they were MF 20 industrial tractors with loaders, not too sure as the last time i saw them was when i was very young, think we need to opinion and knowledge of all things Ferguson here ::):D :D ;)

to much luxary really mart, when the fergys couldn't get into the corners i went in armed with a fork and wellies, and shovled it out into the fork or the middel for the next load , you youngsters  :D :D and hard work cor ::) ::)::)

seen one of those Weidemann or something very similar down here today,on a local farm, ,parked up in a feild

to much luxary really mart, when the fergys couldn't get into the corners i went in armed with a fork and wellies, and shovled it out into the fork or the middel for the next load , you youngsters  :D :D and hard work cor ::) ::)::)

seen one of those Weidemann or something very similar down here today,on a local farm, ,parked up in a feild

If you feel inclined to shovel out 17-24 3m x3m bays out down the each side and the middle of a turkey shed then i'll watch and grunt wall you do the shovelling ;D::):D :D :D;)