NH T8040

MJB1

oh deere :-\

bought the NHT8040 at toytrac overall a good show peice , but really no more than that .

Remember when you had a britains tractor as a kid ? built to be played with & even when all the body pannels were broken to peices , it could still be good for a few more years ,as long as the wheels & linkage worked .

steering is slightly better than the TSa,& certainly not as fragile ,will endure many hours of carpetfarming as long as it's not pushed down upon. super steer may be applicable to the real thing but doesn't apply to to the model  6/10

detail is good in all areas, except the backend behind the cab , bit more detail in the moulding process wouldn't go amiss but very rarely are these models displayed with a rear view 8/10

the siku ploughs are very light in weight ,so my & 7f rev was hooked up to it, with poor results , so was exchanged for the standard 5f rev ,that was also a non starter , the 4frev was tried , & it just about held it in the up position until the tractor was moved .2/10

my MF362 wil hold the 7f rev in the up position if you weighted the front down !

the front of the box should read for display purposes only  ,but only displays a 'not suitable for under 3yrs' icon, my boys are 7 & 9 but as a toy to be played with it probably would't last 3 months.

post-211-132638545684_thumb.jpg

steering is slightly better than the TSa,& certainly not as fragile ,will endure many hours of carpetfarming as long as it's not pushed down upon. super steer may be applicable to the real thing but doesn't apply to to the model  6/10

What do you mean mate?

had a good look at that at toytrac ,well marcus's actually, and i have to say detail wise very good, ,looks wise, dam ugly as per the real thing really, as marcus said, first big let down i saw was the hitch, but overall, not that bad a model,although not one for my collection

presumably that the model doesn't have "super steer". I was wondering how they were going to do that....obviously they bottled-out then! :(

nigel the model does incorperate the 'supersteer' axle & weights, quite clever really,but the models steering lock isn't that super  :D;)

Ah I see now mate, I thought you were implying that th real thing didn't have S/Steer. I thought Britains effort at doing it in 1/32 was pretty good and if Thomas can get you another one from Undercutimore then you ought to rob it's front axle for you G (sonnto be 70) series.  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

the cab is virtually the same as the mx 310 as are the wheels

Hardly surprising as the real ones are too - they are based on the same basic mechanicals, share a cab and many of the controls, and are built in the same factory. 

As for it only lasting mjb s boys only 3 months, when I was that age it would have been nearer 3 hours :D