Change of paint

farmernick06

Question

Hello again,

I am going to attempt my first conversion soon hopefully on the Siku seed drill. I was just wondering .. after i've already planned all the colours etc do i need to do anything before painting ... Or is ready to go ? What kind of paint would look best ? Spray or paintbrush ? And will warning signs and decals look good on the drill ?

Thanks

Nick

25 answers to this question

If you are gonna use aerosols say for cars from halfords like some of the guys use on here

there are primers

its basically a light coloured paint grey or white usually but it sticks well to the part you are painting

then the top coat of paint stick to the primer and leaves a better finish

Wicked i'll have to try that ... But i still have the issue with aerosols about neatness ... will that be ok ??

And once again thanks Ricky

Masking tape does wonders  ;D

shake well

light coats

and i put items near heat before painting

NOT ROASTING JUST WARMISH (WELL OK JUST NOT COLD) understand?? LIKE YE KNOW IF YOUR IN A GARAGE You diny want parts be all cold  , ,  you don't like being cold do you??  ;D ;D

They do the siku drill/harrow combo in kverneland colours already, why not save yourself the bother.  ;)

I want to try it Jas, never tryed a conversion before so ... want to make it special  ;D ;D

And Ricky ... Hahaha Masking tape it is then

And i'll put it in a warmish place ... not like when i tryed building a model tank many moons ago ... completely melted !!

Oh and one last thing ( expect more qus.  :D :D ) I saw some Kverneland decals on farmodels.co.uk but they were for te Britains plough .... Can anyone give me a rough idea about how big the decal/s are and if they would fit on a Siku seed drill ?

Thanks again

Soak in soapy water

Leave to dry COMPLETLY

Spray paint

Prime it 1st will give better result

why soak the model in soapy water ricky, do you just dip it into the water or leave it in for a long period of time, away to start painting something and just spotted this tip from "the master"