tractors, machinery & trucks on my journeys

MJB1

With Pete who I work with. They have one for bagging up their spuds. Only frow about 5ac I think. Alot go to Springleaze Farmshop on the A36 on the Farleigh Hungerford/Norton St Phillip cross roads.

wow thats great , the last time i used one was 1986/87  :D

for those who need to get it right , the pic was of a riddler not a grader  :D

next up a tidy 7810 & a big booted 8210 from a farm near tetbury

last few now

farmers new grey fergie yard tractor being rebuilt with parts from a doner tractor

the doner being his old grey fergie yard tractor , seen here being transported to his garden for the kids to play on

Some very nice blue ones Marcus , I'm starting to like those Fords more and more I'm afraid :-\ :-\ :-\ ::):D

I'm sure you are afraid Pete , I'd be pretty frightened myself :D :D

the 82 I'm told is an OK drive but fitted with very temperamental electro hydraulics fords first foray into the "new age" so to speak

I'm sure you are afraid Pete , I'd be pretty frightened myself :D :D

the 82 I'm told is an OK drive but fitted with very temperamental electro hydraulics fords first foray into the "new age" so to speak

I´m so frightened so i think i will do myself a 8630  :D :D :D :D  ::)

some classics you come across marcus  ;), you cover a wide area marcus mainly dairy farms is it do you backload from farms

99% dairy farms graham , very rarely do i go to just sheep or pig units, think the pig rearers have their specific supplyers such as BOCM, mole valley are more ruminant orientated , although with the MVF & SCATS country stores chicken feed & horse suppiles are available milled from our own mills .

As for back loads ,very rare indeed , unless of course we are in the area to collect . problem with a back load of grain is that if you get into the mill & the load is rejected we have a lorry tied up till it's all sorted .

have a look at the MVF site , more to do with the retail side really but there is a site map & other stuff there

www.molevalleyfarmers.com

nice pics mate so to rain on your praded but i think your a year behind  ::)

(updated 4 jan [glow=red,2,300]08[/glow])

sorted now rich , glad that someone noticed  :D

Oops.. Is that a numpty offence  :o;D ;D ;D

Now then... We MUST do a late night raid and ****** that 699 mate.... he's going to be the slow, cruel death of it if we don't  :'( >:(

very probably numptyable yes  :D

late night raid ?  :D  well an idea of how it's going mark , the 699 was on slurry duties , & up till if got really frosty it was washed daily

as said above she's an eather breather , som although very smart she's an addict :(

funnily enough graham , if anything we're getting busier but much of that is due to feed prices , luckily MVF over bought straights at early last year prices & are still providing feed nearly £30per ton cheaper than BOCM  :o it cant last though as , wheat feed  soya is going up still ,

lose farms ? big farms are getting bigger  as the smaller ones are struggling , surprising how many are hanging in there against the odds mate  :)

hw many of you are there carting out for mvf to south wales ?mjb  :-\ :)

that mf farm is a proper little welsh yard  :D about the size of a 2 pence piece  :D :D

we got 6 bulk wagons at bridgwater rich, & 4 at calne , but very rarely all together in wales at the same time , although , one day last month we had 19 loads go from the two mills over the bridge , , just lately MVF have been aproached by a few welsh bulk blower owner drivers so  they're very handy to have about , mansell davies also sub contracts for us , the rumour is that BOCM are looking to either close down or sell their mill at camarthen, as they've lost a fair bit of work , & can cover from avonmouth & tenby , so MVF may well look at that if it comes up

is that bocm by johnstown then mjb  :-\ not good to hear anything closing down  :-\ just hope somebody buys it and keeps the jobs going  :)

no rich it's not , but if bussiness is down , then it may just be more economic to close it & cover from the others , thing is mate , when BOCM bought their 50% share in COUNTRYWIDE they effectively joined the companys at the hip , many countrywide mills closed & the trucks were run from bocm mills & many areas suddenly had twice as many feed reps, so the ones that left offered their services to MVF thats why we are doing so much more over the bridge . BOCM may well close the mill , but there is also WFP across the road & have heard that WYNSTAY are also looking to expand in that area

• 2 weeks later...