ros models - not really all that bad.

GARETHS MODELS

am i alone in thinking that ros models are/were not relly too bad at all [the tim of their day]

i know their 1-32 scale series left a lot to be desired - indeed their fendt 926 vario - was a green and red fiat 8090 -[ha ha!], but their later 1-32 scale stuff [merlo handler and laverda combine a re very smart indeed, as was the old nh tx66, mf 3070 and newer nh crawler]

their 1-25 stuff is also very tidy, and the 1-16 scale models are fantastically detailed.

the hitches were not among the best, and the 1-32 stuff had an unfortunate tendency to be broken , but they were value for money dammit!

i remember also they made an interesting iseki tractor [dont own one yet tho]

as anyone who knows me will varify, i like the more unusual tractors....lambos, landinis, sames, belaruses, steyrs [not the britains one!]. stuff which u dont see everyday.....am sick to death of NH, MF, JD and JCB....

these are just the mindless rantings of a tired butcher....but im sure it madfe some sense when i was writing it.

TTFN

Ga

I have to agree Gareth. ROS models are really quite good. I got my first ROS, the New Holland TX66 combine about 7 years ago now and for the first few it was used on my "carpet farm" putting in hours of "hard work" ;) and it's still in as new condition today. A wee question regarding the TX66, was the squint auger a manufacturing fault?

I also have their 1-25 Fiat F130. I had been looking for one of these for years and one day went into a toy shop in Perth (Scotland) and hey presto ?5.99 out the wallet and away home happy as could be. ;)

I am also looking at getting their Hesston baler so any pics would be appreciated.

Cheers

NewHolland2

Hoy crap - a 1-25 scale  F130!!!! and @ ?5.99 - id kill for one of those...literally.

i would also sell parts of my anatomy for an OLD Laverda combine by ROS [3680?] i think this was 1-32 scale.

the 1-32 models were of 3 general body types [not inc the newer stuff]

1 the MF 3070 - thats all she ws

2 - Landini 10000 - served as 2 variant on thlandini 10000, also the hurlimann 6170 and  the mf 1014

3 - the fiat 8090 - served as the fiat, the hesston , the agrifull 8090, and the fendt [****!!!!????!!!!****]

4 the iseki -

if anyone else can think of any others please remind me.

the heston baler - i have only ever seen one in a farming toys catalogue [you know - the big one brought out @ xmas each year....its a real old one its in too. looks great.

I did have the fantastic merlo telehandler - but sold it for ?15 -00  - as handlers are really not my thing....im more tractors, combines and SPFH, balers, rakes and silage trailers. [with a few other bits chucked in.

if anyone ha a ROS NH TX66 i would be very interested....as i sold my MUB one recently to buy a MIB one off G+M, but i think theyve stopped having them [please correct me if im wrong>...]

Ga

I think I mentioned  before about dropping my Ros 1/32 Landini and it smashing to bits inside the box whilst the box was merely dented .

This didnt deter me from buying the Hesston big square baler and I have to agree with others the scale is more akin to a 1/32 model that the 1/25 it calls it.

Sorry I have no digicam to take pics of it But rest assured its of similar quality to the  tractors  and for ?8.50 I think its an ok model.not the best but different ......I will add tho I would NOT recommend anyone play with the damned thing ,display sure , play NO.

I have a merlo handler........don`t see it that often in it`s box  , I`d forgotten it was Ros,anyway for me it`s a  nice model, delicate again and on mine the build quality isnt great but  I`d say passable , again display not play and if I remember rightly I wasnt too impressed with  the  way the buckets etc  fitted to the boom

John

• 2 weeks later...

I have a merlo handler........don`t see it that often in it`s box? , I`d forgotten it was Ros,anyway for me it`s a? nice model, delicate again and on mine the build quality isnt great but? I`d say passable , again display not play and if I remember rightly I wasnt too impressed with? the? way the buckets etc? fitted to the boom

John

yep picked one up at spalding from farmmodels.co.uk, not a bad model as yu say but the changing of buckets etc involves removing a screw...bit of a pain!!

Could any of you fellas with the Merlo telehandler post pictures please? Is it the older one with the squarer cab or the newer one with the rounded cab?

i wish I could post pics full stop but til I get a digicam sorted out them thats a no no. i think mines the rounded version..........cant remember and its stacked away at the moment

hope things are good with you in Ca

john

Not so good John, HUGE wind storm yesterday, blew down one of our 40'x100' haysheds and we had to chain 4 tractors to the other one to stop it blowing on to our cow byre.

This picture is three of the tractors chained to one hayshed trying to hold it in place

[attachment deleted by admin]

Finally, a 3PT hitch snowblower that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It got flipped and the discharge spout is crushed. Luckily the roof turned a quarter turn in the air and just missed three big dung spreaders so very little damage to anything other than the hayshed. Big clean-up to do though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Not so good John, HUGE wind storm yesterday, blew down one of our 40'x100' haysheds and we had to chain 4 tractors to the other one to stop it blowing on to our cow byre.

This picture is three of the tractors chained to one hayshed trying to hold it in place

Whats that beast in the front of the picture TOG?

IHP, the neighbour who loaned us the Deutz 110 with the bulldozer on it had two big corrugated grain storage bins blow over. A business in town lost its roof, lots of folks had trees blown down and had roofing shingles blow off their houses. An artic blew over on the highway north of town and the local Cargill fertilizer depot had a big (empty) liquid fertilizer tank blow down and roll away across the field.

Thought someone would like to know that Falmer Palmer. Thats a White 185. From about 1988 I think, way before Agco anyway. 185 horsepower Cummins engine. It has been a good tractor for the guys who have owned it from new. The bulldozer on the front of it is made by a Canadian company called Degleman.

• 1 month later...