Britains JQ 7920 wheels

nashmach

Question

Thinking of doing my first conversion during Christmas on the 7920 by putting the Siku 8280 tyres on it - what's the best way of getting off the awful tyres on it - I presume just nick them with a hack saw and pull them off ???

from what i can remember from doin one of my 7920's was the rar tyres will just pull off the axle, but the fronts are a different story, where you see the hub in the centre,there is a small phillips head screw bhind it,so what i done was get a drill bit and drill out the plastic hub to reveal the screw underneath and then simply unscrew to remove those dreaded tyres!!

To help get the tyres off the rims, HOT water in a bowl, drop the complete wheels in for a minute, fish them out with a spoon or something if you havent got asbestos hands like mine, tyres should come off the rims easy-peasy then.  ;)

To help get the tyres off the rims, HOT water in a bowl, drop the complete wheels in for a minute, fish them out with a spoon or something if you havent got asbestos hands like mine, tyres should come off the rims easy-peasy then.  ;)

probably best to just revolve the tyres in the hot water as the wheel may distort if they get hot aswell? I managed to get mine off cold though.

Yep joined the wap brigade now that im at home "studying".  Incompetance uhh  I won't mention the 8730 sure it will be okay when you fix it for me James. Stan you are a bit out of season you will never leave Wexford men alone! What does Waterford have that everyone knows about emmmmmmm thats a hard one emmmmmmmmmmmm ....nothing !

Try Farmmodels for replacement tyres. I bought a set at Shepton Mallet to try on a 7820 and they look good. They are easy to put on, the hardest part being removal of the existing tyres, I put mine near a hot radiator for about half an hour then carefully prised them off. Cost is ?12 a set plus p&p. I have since bought another two sets to go on my 7920 and 7720 but not for my 7920 with the rounded front mudguards. I think the were made by someone in Belgium. Sorry no pictures, no where to plug into box brownie! Hope this helps.

Try Farmmodels for replacement tyres. I bought a set at Shepton Mallet to try on a 7820 and they look good. They are easy to put on, the hardest part being removal of the existing tyres, I put mine near a hot radiator for about half an hour then carefully prised them off. Cost is ?12 a set plus p&p. I have since bought another two sets to go on my 7920 and 7720 but not for my 7920 with the rounded front mudguards. I think the were made by someone in Belgium. Sorry no pictures, no where to plug into box brownie! Hope this helps.

I've posted some some pics on here somewhere, Tractor Conversions thread I think.

Are you a local chap then Super6? I go to that Shepton show but it was too close to Crimbo for me. I bought mine from karen an Steve the day they got back from Zwolle, that keen!!!

Sunny Sussex, I get about a bit. I didn't know about them until Shepton Mallet bought a set to try and they really are the dogs. Take it you are local?

Sunny Sussex, I get about a bit. I didn't know about them until Shepton Mallet bought a set to try and they really are the dogs. Take it you are local?

I live in the middle of Wiltshire mate, about 10min drive from the Farmmodel empire!!  :)